Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Maybe I'm Amazed, one more time!

My last link didn't work, so let's try YouTube.https://youtu.be/mWcoN6BHh20

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Doing pretty good. A little brighter would help. The A4's are just a skoshe flat, but very close. Try to adjust those up a little bit more. With less weight, it will be easier.
  • barthybarthy Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 24
    Thanks Bob! Would you say it sounds well supported? Most of the time I feel as if I'm supporting, but sometimes I read something that makes me wonder if I even know what support is...
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    For the most part it is supported, but those places where the A4 is flat, you should be pushing down on your diaphragm more, to help reduce the airflow yet maintain a constant (not too much, not too little) air pressure. Reducing the pressure at the cords helps to take the stress off, and can help you get that flatted note up a quarter-step. Instead of exerting pressure on the throat, you exert a downward pressure on the diaphragm.

Support is the entire process of breath for singing. Often it takes the form of resistance to releasing the air. It's the regulator for your airflow which gives your singing breath more consistency up and down the scale and at different tones, textures, and volumes. It's how you "condition" the air so that your cords can produce more consistent tone.
  • barthybarthy Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 24
    Thanks, that makes sense.
  • KaiEllisKaiEllis Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 215
    @barthy I'm pretty new to this whole world, so I defer to Bob's expertise :smile:

First off, LOVE your song choice, and love the conviction you sing it with. You can tell your heart is in the song. I often feel like that's even harder to learn than just "singing" the song!

The issue that jumped out at me was that some of your phrases feel chopped up versus contiguous, which might be part of what's messing with your support and pitch.