Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

i am a walrus

mivisonmivison Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 191
just hit me to try this this morning. I am a walrus.

https://app.box.com/files/0/f/41382164/1/f_18137592160

Comments

• dingodingo Enrolled Posts: 119
    I likey! 
    I don't have any suggestions as it sounds great! 
    I think it is a good song to sing in the morning too. :D I wish there were more songs of this quality written today.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited August 2012

Mike,

YOU ROCK!!! You have really come a long way since you posted your first LAH vowel a few months ago!!!

Great song choice!  Yes, dingo, I agree, this is a great song to start off your day!

Keep up the good work, man!  You definitely ARE THE WALRUS!!!

Bob

• mivisonmivison Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 191
    thanks you two.
  • Ken TamplinKen Tamplin Administrator, Moderator Posts: 446

sounds like you are having a good time Mike :-)

you did a good job.

If you can, try not to let the larynx raise just yet.

Try to land the notes with more (ah) in the sound to keep the throat open.

You can hear when you go up you are struggling a bit to get to those notes.

Instead, lay back just a bit on the verse before to give you the strength and ease to ascend when you need it,

Again, good job,

thanks ken for the input! i can also hear that i need more AH. and when i am struggling to hit the notes. it is sometimes hard to teach an old dog new tricks. BUT VERY POSSIBLE!!
    edited June 2014
    thanks all for the input. i have a question. can you give me some input on one part of this song? this is a sound bite of what I'm referring to, not the whole song here. does it sound ok? are my vowel mods  correct? is there too much squeeze and so forth? i don't feel any stain at this point. also, would this considered belting?