Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

A new kid on this block...

GypsysingerGypsysinger Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 57
edited August 2017 in INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Hello everyone,
Well I'm definitely not new to singing. I started when I was 5 and continued to sing my whole life. First in choirs, then solos then in an a capella group and now all over the world. I've been making my living as a singer since 1999.

So why am I here? Well I'm interested in singing new material and it seems like everyone now is using grit, distortion, focal fry... whatever you would like to call it. When I tried emulating those sounds I was thrashing my vocal chords. I quickly realized they were using techniques I don't know. So here I am and I aim to master those techniques and to master Ken's passagio technique.

After watching and reading through all the material for volume 1 I quickly realized I am going to have to retrain all my vowel placements so I'm at square one here just like you guys are.

I'll post something of me singing on here as soon as I figure out how things work on this site so you can see and hear where I'm currently at.

Since I don't know the sites policy, I won't include links to my website or Soundcloud or any of that. I'd hate to tick people off in my very first post. ;)

Good luck to everyone here and work hard. I'm sure the results will come fast if you put in the effort.

I look forward to talking to and learning from everyone here on the site.

All the best,
Ward

Comments

• karinekarine Enrolled, 2.0 PRO Posts: 38
    Welcome here !!
    I am new too ! Got the course 1 month ago !
    Lot of stuffs to learn !! But can already see some improvement in my range.
    So I am sure you will get what you are looking for !!
    Have fun !!
  • GypsysingerGypsysinger Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 57
    Thanks for the kind words @karine. Good luck!!
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    You have come to the right place for this! The forum is a great source of knowledge and help. I recommend using it, especially when you need validation or when you are stuck with something.

Welcome!

All the best,

Ben
    @bentk
    Thanks Ben. I'll do that. How's your progress coming?
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    @Gypsysinger I have been working the program for about 9 months or so and am doing VOL 3 for a while now. Getting great results! Once everything you learn comes together, you really start to understand what singing is all about, and this program really unleashes your voice. I have grown a tremendous range and can singing has become much more controlled and relatively 'easy'.

I am confident you can get amazing results as well. Like you said, you are at square one again, take that to your advantage. Just listen to what Ken teaches, and stick with what he teaches. If you need extra guidance, check out the PRO VIDEOS section in the forum. You will find basic and advanced videos there.

All the best,

Ben
    @bentk
    Thanks Ben I will do that. I'm actually looking forward to all the new things I am going to learn. Glad to hear things are going well for you.

Cheers!
    Ward