Home The Singer's Lobby

Rock Singing Exercises?

KrillerKriller Member Posts: 1
edited August 2012 in The Singer's Lobby
Hey guys, I know the resources that Ken has will go over all exercises that are necessary, but just real quick what are 4 or 5 exercises that, as a rock singer, I could do everyday to work the muscles?

Thanks

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Kriller,

It's hard to know what exercises to recommend if we don't know what resources you have available to you.

Do you have any of the KTVA Stages?  There are tons of really challenging workouts on the CD's and videos, and for ROCK, KTVA is about the only program that really focuses on belting and wailing.  If you have Stage Three, just about any of the workout exercises are going to get your Rock Chops chopping!  But these are not for the faint of heart!  Nor are they for the uninitiated who have not yet fully paid their dues by working out dilligently at Stage One and Stage Two! 

We cannot walk into the gymnasium on our first day and immediately bench press 350 pound barbells.  We have to take the initial stregthening stages first, and then, when we have prepared our bodies for what is to come, we carefully and skillfully perform the task we have trained ourselves to do. I recommend the exercise on track 11 of the Stage Three CD workout.

Bob

• voodoovoodoo Pro Posts: 250
    This really varies for each person and depends on where you're at in the program and what you may be weaker in relative to everything else (a particular vowel, the mids, the highs, etc.).  For whatever volume you are on, pick out the subset of 4-5 exercises that are more difficult for you than the others and focus on those to turn those weaknesses into strengths.  Do all the exercises daily as Ken prescribes, just try to do that subset an extra time every day or two.  Just picking out only 4-5 of the exercises and only working those will eventually cause imbalance and atrophy.
  • sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    I personally focus on the Lah exercises.  Keep the patterns simple.  Really work on building that chest voice.  Also, the bridge building sliders, are great for going through the whole range. You are best off to start on volume 1 and work your way up.  If you try to take shortcuts, you may miss out on a lot of great info.