Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Ivan - Aspiring vocal coach!

Hey everyone,

Good to join the community!

Before I start jumping in the course, I felt like it would be a good opportunity to post where I am currently.

Finally got my hands on a decent camera and recorded a cover of This Love by Maroon 5. The cover is a bit unrefined but I couldn't wait to post something HAHA.

Check it out here and feel free to comment below or on the video. (Any kind of feedback is appreciated)

I do feel an underlying tension/strain in my singing so it would be good to receive some pointers (perhaps where in the singing program I should focus on.

https://youtu.be/WvUkdogykpQ

Thanks all!

Ivan

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    There are a number of things you can change to improve your singing voice. Getting a better handle on breath support will give you more consistency to your sound. Your vocal tract needs to open up a little more to the sound.

The things you will learn in Ken's lessons, plus the effects of the daily workouts of the KTVA program will begin to work on those items, as well as instruction in the student areas of the forums.

You will do well. This "before" will have a distinctly different "after" if you spend about a year dilligently following Ken's program. You will see a lot of changes prior to that time once you begin, but some changes take significant time and work. You will continue to improve for the rest of your singing life, as long as you keep working Ken's program.

It's quite amazing how the improvement doesn't stop. There are plateaus, yes, but then you surpass them, and just keep improving, over time.

All the Best!

Bob
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback Bob! I've just started volume 1 and am excited.