Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Cover of Sarah Bareilles's "Gravity" for vocal evaluation

https://soundcloud.com/carrie-henderson-70062622/gravity

Comments, criticism, and tips are all welcome. Thank you for listening!
Also, I don't know much about voice types other than what I've read or heard from friends, but I think I'm a lyric mezzo soprano. Does that sound right?

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    @liesl16,

We do ask that you post demos or questions only in one place. Someone will get back to you. Posting the same thing in more than one place creates confusion.

I removed the extra posting of this same demo. Since there were comments here already, this version stayed.

I agree with what blondiewales said about your voice and what could help it. You have a pleasant sound and a lot of potential to harness your voice and make it do what you want it to, if you train it to a greater degree.

We're glad you're here. Stick around and join in the fun.

Bob
  • liesl16liesl16 Member Posts: 10
    highmtn said:

@liesl16,

We do ask that you post demos or questions only in one place. Someone will get back to you. Posting the same thing in more than one place creates confusion.

I removed the extra posting of this same demo. Since there were comments here already, this version stayed.

I agree with what blondiewales said about your voice and what could help it. You have a pleasant sound and a lot of potential to harness your voice and make it do what you want it to, if you train it to a greater degree.

We're glad you're here. Stick around and join in the fun.

Bob

All right, no problem! Thank you for your feedback!
  • KaiEllisKaiEllis Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 215
    @liesl16 This is one of my favorite songs of all time! Agree with the other folks. There's some really great moments in this performance, and they'll only get better as you train the Ahhh vowel and get better breath support. Looking forward to more from you!