Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Losing Voice

I had tried vocal distortion, stretched muscles inside my mouth so much, then ended up losing my voice. I woke up and found my self feeling some bad inside throat. I felt something like needle stabbing my throat. It was hurt even just to talk. I decided to take rest of singing. Will I get back my voice? What should I do? What should I eat or drink at this period?

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Drink lots of water. What you eat should just be healthy foods. What you need to do is avoid oversinging. It is very easy to oversing when trying to do distortion.

Safe distortion is actually something that you do like an illusion. You make it sound like you are singing so loud that it distorts, but you actually are singing more softly than when you sing with a clean sound. It's something you have to train to be able to do correctly.

If your pain or inability to talk continues, you should see a doctor and get a diagnosis. Take a rest from singing and learn to monitor yourself, to avoid oversinging. Continued oversinging can result in nodes or lesions on the vocal cords.
  • Odd_DROdd_DR Member Posts: 5
    I have drunk a lot of water, warm water, tea, and honey. It's got better till now.

That's great description. But, I still have to train it under control of a pro. I really want to take course, but I don't have enough money and good english. I hope I still can meet a pro who can show me all of that stuff when I have money and good english,

The pain has gone actually. But I haven't got my voice back yet. I hope I'll not have nodes or lesions on the vocal cords.

Thanks a lot to give me such great advices and support. That really helps me...,
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    You're welcome, Odd_DR!