Home Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method

Ken Tamplin Guide to Belting - Advanced

NigelNigel Administrator Posts: 138
Hi All,

For those of you who are in the advanced stages of KTVA and like to REALLY study and figure things out, Ken has created his guide to Belting. 

http://kentamplinvocalacademy.com/the-ken-tamplin-guide-to-belting/

Let us know what you think or if you have any questions.

Nigel

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited August 2012

This is an amazing article. 

As information, I was searching for a vocal training system that taught belting a few years ago.  I've read tons of articles on the voice in my studies.  One site that I found was Karyn O'Conner's site.  There I first heard of Open Throat Singing and appogio.  I was a little concerned, because she warned of the destructive nature of belting, and the information seemed to indicate that if a person went on to a career that included belting, that singer was doomed to blow out their voice, and that doom might indeed be permanent.

I began to google and remain immersed in many vocal sites, and broadened my search to include Open Throat, Appogio, and I also still included the forbidden topic of Belting.

It was through these searches that I happened upon Ken Tamplin's site for the first time.  I liked what he had to say.  He talked about Open Throat being one of the key elements in his technique.  He discussed teaching the ability to belt and wail without blowing out the voice...  Bingo! Appogio!!  And then he demonstrated... And demonstrated...  And demonstrated.  Incredible range, power, tone, control.  I knew that this was what I had been searching for. 

The Ken Tamplin Guide to Belting debunks and Myth-Busts misconceptions about one of contemporary music's most powerful modes of vocalization.  The controversy over belting is like a war between classical singing and modern Rock.  Both sides claim to know and present the real facts.

It is true that Belting (improperly) can cause damage to your vocal instrument.  It is also true that singing Classical or Opera (improperly) can damage your vocal instrument.  In all instances, proper vocal care must be implemented and practiced in order to promote vocal health.

Ken Tamplin has taken the best of Both Worlds, Bel Canto AND Belting/Wailing and FUSED them together, along with Mask, Breath Support and Regulation, and a comprehensive training and development program, that when used as directed, provides Safe and Healthful singing for a LIFETIME.

KTVA is not limited to Belting and Wailing.  This method is applicable to Pop, Country, R & B, as well as Classical and Theater.  Results are both immediate and gradual.  It takes work and dedication to be successful, and the outcome is proportional to the time and effort that is put forth by the student.

Ken Tamplin has spent the better part of the last 30 years developing and perfecting these techniques, gleaned from his own hard work and from many of the best vocal coaches and maestros around the world.  He has proven his techniques work, day in and day out, and you can see and hear the proof for yourself, again and again on Youtube and countless Google hits.

The proof is in his singing!!  What other vocal coach even comes close?

This article boils down, point-by-point what many of the risks of improper belting are.  No one should attempt to belt without mastering, Step-by-Step, all of Ken Tamplin's methods, as taught BY Ken Tamplin.