Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Vitor Ribeiro, from Brazil

Vitor Ribeiro, from Minas Gerais, Brazil. I'm 21 years old, and music is one of the only certainties I have about life.
I apologize for my English, for most of the things I use a translator. I will need your patience. lol

I love singing and I'm very happy to be a part of the KTVA forum. I try to work my voice on a daily basis, it's difficult because I do not have any good vocal coaches where I live, which makes me have to go a long way with the "trial and error" method. Since I really want to improve my singing, sometimes I get anxious and exaggerated in the load of training, sometimes I feel that I hurt my voice. But I have to say that I have achieved a lot of evolution over the years, considering that I am a baritone and I managed, through some techniques like diaphragmatic support and mix voice, to achieve high notes, just like Ken :)

I am currently experiencing this chronic throat problem, in the last notes of my chest record E4 - F4 and F # 4. I hope I can show you this problem through a video and also show you a bit of singing so that you can share some of the knowledge that you have acquired with me. You are very generous to do this.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Let's just hear the problem in a Lah scale like the ones in Ken's YouTube Videos. Go through the problem range of E, F and F#4 within that video.
  • RibeiroVitorBRRibeiroVitorBR Member Posts: 2
    highmtn said:

Let's just hear the problem in a Lah scale like the ones in Ken's YouTube Videos. Go through the problem range of E, F and F#4 within that video.

I was just doing this exercise today. It's really very good! The biggest problem I was having in those notes was mucus. In higher notes, I could reach because it was a mix voice, but in those last notes of the chest record, the mucus was very strong.
    What I did was give me two days of vocal rest, moisturizing my throat and putting the mucus out. Today I felt an improvement.
    This time I will try not to abuse my voice, go step by step, and keep it hydrated. I should post something on the demo post soon. Thank you for your support!