Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Ah vowel exercise

@highmtn, I would appreciate your judgement on this. I'm trying to be more aware of vowel mods and proper placement rather than straining for high notes. Anyone else's input would be welcome too, of course!https://youtu.be/edduRHP4spM

Comments

• Options
    Try to relax more. I caught myself doing exactly what you're doing. The higher the note the more I would stretch my neck as if it were going to make my voice go higher. It doesnt. Once I became aware of it, I relaxed, and noticed that I could still hit the same notes, but without the stretching of the neck.
    Just relax that whole region. Even sing it softer at first if that helps, but you can still hit the same notes with or without the neck stress.

Peace, Tony
  • Options
    barthybarthy Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 24
    Thanks Tony, it’s a hard habit to break!
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    Good job on taking the scale up as high as you did. Good job on keeping the throat open throughout. Relaxing more all the way around (neck, jaw, etc.) will be good, but that comes later with just getting up there in the first place. The spots where you are going through your passaggio could use a little more "yawning into" the mods to help smooth the bridges out.

Nice work.
  • Options
    barthybarthy Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 24
    Thanks Bob. You're always helpful.