Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Greetings from AndrewClaySings!

Hey guys, how's it going? My name is Andrew and I absolutely adore singing. I am also a total technique nerd.

I have been using the KTVA program (regrettably not very consistently) for the past 6 months or so. I am a tenor although when I first started out I was taught as a baritone which, I believe, set me back a bit. Before that I had tried SingingSuccess, but I've also been taking voice lessons since I was 15, some from more classical teachers and some from a teacher who taught more like a mix between SLS and classical. When I was really doing SingingSuccess I noticed that it was becoming easier to sing but I also lost a bit of power. Now with KTVA it feels like the power is coming back without losing much ease at all. So my technique can best be described as a "mix of everything" lol. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I also have dealt with vocal nodules in the past, which was a huge pain, but I feel like it was a wake-up call to focus on my technique.

But anyway, right now I sing covers on YouTube and I try to upload 1 or 2 per week. Here is a link to my channel: youtube.com/AndrewClaySings
I would love any kind of feedback that anyone has! I sincerely want to turn this passion into a career at some point :D

Great to meet you guys!
Andrew

Comments

• bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Hi Andrew!

Welcome! Good to hear that you have been making progress.

Not to start out negative, but we strongly advise against mixing methods here at KTVA. Ken asks you to leave other methods at the door and focus completely on the KTVA method. Certain exercises from other methods can be very counter-productive to the foundation that you build in KTVA. Ken demonstrates literally everything he teaches, and he has a massive amount of students whom are able to show off their crazy singing skills. A lot can be seen on Ken's youtube channel. Patience and dedication is required, but that is where the best things come from. Building your voice takes time and effort, just like learning an instrument or professional sports.

All the best,

Ben

• andrewmsingsandrewmsings Enrolled Posts: 10
    bentk said:

Hi Andrew!

Welcome! Good to hear that you have been making progress.

Not to start out negative, but we strongly advise against mixing methods here at KTVA. Ken asks you to leave other methods at the door and focus completely on the KTVA method. Certain exercises from other methods can be very counter-productive to the foundation that you build in KTVA. Ken demonstrates literally everything he teaches, and he has a massive amount of students whom are able to show off their crazy singing skills. A lot can be seen on Ken's youtube channel. Patience and dedication is required, but that is where the best things come from. Building your voice takes time and effort, just like learning an instrument or professional sports.

All the best,

Ben

Thank you Ben! I do my best to completely leave everything I've learned at the door. I was just giving my background :) it is definitely easy to slip into old habits but I'm working at that! Thanks for the welcome!
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    It's always nice to read a little background, and i am glad that you have chosen to dedicate to KTVA in this case. If you do KTVA right, then it will be amazing. Of course, you can do everything wrong, but that's where the forum comes in. There are always people here to help you out. I have been given some amazing advice here that has really helped me out.

Enjoy! You can ask for help any time here in the forum.

Ben