Home About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy

KTVA 2.0? what's new?

WalterMeloWalterMelo Member, 2.0 PRO, STREAMING PRO Posts: 77
Hello :smile: so, i received a e-mail saying that KTVA was going to change, and i am kinda confused
so, i was saving money for the PRO Pack already but everthing has changed and i don't know anymore
if i choose the begginer or intermediate, or even advanced

cai i start on the begginer and go upgrade to intermediate? or i need to pay 99 usd again?
or can i still download the course? it's the same content of the previous course?

thank you very much

Comments

• bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    I also wonder what's new, apart from the subscription service. Are the volumes completely remade? Or are they the same videos?
  • onalethataonalethata Member Posts: 4
    The same for me i am curious
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited November 2017
    KTVA 2.0 has just been released. Even as we speak it is being rolled out. Ken is working on some special One-time discounts to previous KTVA buyers that want to upgrade to 2.0 in download format. You will need to produce your KTVA reciept(s) if you want to take advantage of that opportunity.

That will be outlined in the students-only areas here on the forums. We can talk about that over in the Volume 1 area. Ken is also going to extend an offer to Weekend Warrior purchasers, if they are interested. Some of the details are still being worked out. Please don't barrage Ken with emails asking about how this works. More info will be coming soon. If you bought KTVA in the past, you will get a generous discount, essentially credit for what you have already paid, and more, towards 2.0. It's your call whether you want to upgrade or not. Your 1.0 program is still just as good as it ever was. Everybody here at this point in time, learned to sing on 1.0, and it definitely works. 2.0 just has more, along with updates. The limited-time offers for previous KTVA students will expire on January 1, 2018. So don't panic, just yet. There is time to figure out what you want to do, and whether or not you really want to upgrade.

Regarding can you buy 2.0 as a new customer, and start out in beginner, then upgrade to intermediate and Pro, that has yet to be determined. That may be the case, but it's not there yet.

The streaming option has more flexibility, but I'm not sure what fees might be involved if you change from Beginner to Intermediate. The program is so new, those things will be determined later. The difference in monthly costs is negligible on the different levels of the streaming course. I would suggest the PRO, because you get everything with that.It wouldIt would

As to the questions about "WHAT IS KTVA 2.0?"

It's the whole KTVA How To Sing Better Than Anyone Else program, Re-made. Volumes 1 through 5.

Yes, Head Voice (new version) is now Volume 4, and Mixed Voice is now Volume 5. There are new videos in every volume. The pdf manuals have been re-written. New vowel charts. Many of the audios are the standard KTVA workouts you are already familiar with. The stamina workouts from the Pro Videos are also included in audio format to do stamina workouts alongside your other audio workouts.

All of the Volume 1 through 5 lessons have been re-done and filmed anew in higher-quality video and audio. There is more detail included, and many of the questions that are frequently asked here on the forums were used to base new lessons on. The existing PRO VIDEOS are also included in the package.

There is also another option for KTVA 2.0 and that is the Mobile/Streaming option, where you pay a one-time startup fee, and then low monthly payments to stay in. That knocks the amount it takes to get started with KTVA down from the purchase of the whole program. Streaming is in HD video.

You can also opt to purchase DVD's or USB versions of KTVA 2.0 in HD video. The downloads are higher quality than the 1.0 videos, but not "HD". That would make it too large to download.
  • WalterMeloWalterMelo Member, 2.0 PRO, STREAMING PRO Posts: 77
    So i'm still deciding which one i will choose, for me dowloading the content is simplier because my internet is not soo stable but the streaming looks more acessible at first but more bureocratic to convert brazilian real to american dollar every month, is there an extra adventage on streaming or the download method has been upgraded too?
  • @highmtn Will there be restricted areas here at the forum for those that choose not to upgrade?

Peace, Tony
  • 4strings2rock4strings2rock Member Posts: 19
    "The limited-time offers for previous KTVA students will expire on January 1, 2018"
    Thanks, I was wondering when it will end and that info was not in the e-mail.

Also wondering if it will be possible to choose beginner, and upgrade instead of buying a new course. (would be logical...)

And I'm also wondering what is the difference between the new Beginner course, and Weekend-Warrior ?
    (I just bought WW a few days ago)

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    @videoace,

That remains to be seen. You'll still have the same access you have now. You wouldn't be in "1.0 prison".

There could be some areas created that are specific and pertinent to 2.0.
    @ WalterMelo,

The video on streaming is HD, so that's a consideration. The video on the downloads is considerably better than 1.0, but not full HD. The download and the Streaming are the same 2.0 program. The downoad is 29.5 GB, and it's broken down into just under 2.0 GB per link. So if you don't have the space on your computer, streaming is an option.
    Bob :smile: i finally bougth the course! i will start it tomorrow :smiley: thank you very much for your help all these months! i'm very grateful
    Walter, you're welcome, my friend. I know how excited you are. So was I when I first bought a gift for myself of Ken's program. I have never regretted it. It was the beginning of my NEW singing life! I am excited for you!!! Totally!!! :)
    @4strings2rock

The questions you are asking are about the streaming options, right?
    So for Streaming Beginner, That content is essentially Volume 1. But it's the "new, improved" 2.0 Volume 1, meaning it also includes Student Demonstrations (From the existing PRO Videos) and the Better pitch program.

If you decide you want to go further, the intermediate program gets you all the way From Volume 1to Volume 5. There is nothing in the beginners program that is not in PRO or Intermediate. It's just a matter of how far it will take you. I believe there are discount incentives that probably won't be there for long, regarding the startup fees. If you think you're going to want to go beyond Volume 1, then I would recommend getting the discount from the $99 startup fee on either the PRO or the Intermediate program. Otherwise, when you get there, you will have to upgrade, and I honestly don't know how that's going to work. My thought is that it's going to be a better price if you do it in one move, than to start out at beginner and then later upgrade to Intermediate when it's at a higher rate. The Startup fees for Pro and Intermediate are the same, and the Per-month fees are only $2 difference per month. But you have to decide what you think is the best deal for you. If a couple of bucks a month makes a difference, then the discounted startup on intermediate might save you money... I dunno. If you don't want to go past Volume 1, then you would be Golden with just the beginners program.

I'm not a salesman, but I think I am pretty close to telling you what is happening. Ken just wanted to have more options to let people get into the real program without having to scrape up enough to buy an entire bundle.

Bob
    Bob! i think there is a little problem, i have bougth the course directly from the website i forgeted to use the link on the e-mail, am i still with my monthly fee discount guaranteed?
  • 4strings2rock4strings2rock Member Posts: 19
    edited December 2017
    Thank you for the info @highmtn

I don't find these courses very expensive, compared to other online courses I've taken (not vocal courses).
  • sadebr2006sadebr2006 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 23
    I got the upgrade to 2.0 today. I love it! The quality of the videos is so much better and the information I've watched and read so far is presented in a much clearer way! Totally recommend it