Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

My Tribute to Ronnie James Dio!

80sVibeDude80sVibeDude Member Posts: 25
Hello guys ! my name is Ronald Penko, and this is my humble tribute to the great Ronnie James Dio!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2U132z7JgI

Thank you for watching! : )

Comments

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    @hardrockvice , damn boy, that's bloody wicked!

I do have a few questions for you though:
    - Were you cutting the air back or approaching pretty close to full voice?
    - In other words, how loud were you going there? Say, if you downloaded a free DB meter for your phone what would your average DB be I wonder?
    - Lastly, how did you voice feel after that performance?

Cheers man,

Keep rockin in the free world!

Phillip
  • 80sVibeDude80sVibeDude Member Posts: 25
    Furious_Phil ,

hey ! thank you!!

As for the questions, I am not sure if I understood correctly, because I am self taught, never had lessons.
    So I don´t really pay attention to technical things and terms. But I can try to describe in my own way.

If I sing and it sounds good to my liking and it´s not hurting, then it´s correct enough for me and it´s all that I need. but I sing for few years now just because I love it and found this forum would be nice to show my video, as my youtube channel is new.

I sing loud, I can tell, because I like volume. But not overdoing it, I don´t feel like yelling, but wide volume and only enough to what the note needs, but that is so second nature after I found/developed my comfortable way of singing...hard to explain.

So, yeah, I DO control the amount of power I am using, not full power, specially in distorted parts.
    when I think of it, it´s like I am supporting the distortion in the upper/back of my mouth (soft palate) and keeping it there at certain force, not overdoing, because there is the area I found that will not hurt, so I hold it there you know, supported, resonating , just what I need.... makes sense at all the way I am saying ?

The parts I need to push harder and louder are probably in´´some light can never be seeeeeeen yeah!´´ , that ´´seeeeeeen´´ you know just before the guitar solo? and also in the last ´´holy diveeeeeeeeeer´´ phrase at 3:55 , when I go to that much higher note, consequently I push it harder to hit the note and it gets louder. But I think that is the case with everybody. Higher note, more power needed. Unless the song is soft. Not the case here : )

I don´t feel my vocal tired after this song.

different from a song like G´N´R Welcome to the Jungle or Judas Priest - Painkiller!
    Those ones I think everybody needs a more relaxed song after, to take some breath! very demanding!

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Thanks for the explanation!