Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Born To Be Wild

My Detroit garage band style of Born To Be Wild.

Peace, Tony

https://youtu.be/h1v6B_AzQV8

Comments

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Kickin' names and takin' a$$ brother!
    Can you tell us about the gear you used to do this?
    And maybe the DAW you used to mix it down... I think that is great info to pass on to help demystify the process :smile:
  • DAW: ZOOM R-8
    Mic: Sure SM-57
    Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul Pro Plus
    Bass: Univox
    Drums: Alesis electronic

Used the on board effects from the DAW. Guitar: Overdrive 50%, short delay, reverb 27%.
    Vocals: Short Delay, reverb 50%, chorus 22%
    Drums: Dry
    Bass: dry
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    You mixed it on the R8?
    I actually have one of those as well, damn fine unit!
  • Yes, I dont even use a mixing board. I just plug whatever I'm recording right into it, set up my sound, and start working. I usually only use it for writing, and practicing singing. I'm sure I could get a good polished sound from the unit, but there are better and more efficient units for the final product.

Peace, Tony
  • Update: Decided to get back into doing video, and was playing around with this song. I used a chromakey effect (green/blue screen) It was interesting enough for me to share so here it is, Tony live from Pinckney MI. ha ha ha

Peace, Tony

https://youtu.be/tSDSlKksVHk
  • rkirsnerrkirsner Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 35
    Infectious ...I sang along with you and your band twice! (I incidentally have a tongue -in-cheek schtick declaring that all rock songs derive their riffs from BTBW)...You are developing a strong rocker's voice, I think.

-Ron
  • Thank you. On that particular recording it's just me playing. My band actually sounds a lot better doing it.

I'm trying to get a good strong voice. Working everyday but Sunday, and pushing the limits now and then just to see if I can.

Glad you enjoyed my version of it.

Peace, Tony