Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

what am I doing wrong?

I have been on the KTVA program for a long time now I've been through all CDs and DVD and I still seem to be bad at singing.

Can I get some feed back on this please and some help.

(sorry for the long spaces between singing it was made for a cover song)

Comments

• Daniel_RockzDaniel_Rockz Member Posts: 5
    The song is Everlong by Foo Fighters
  • sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    Hey Daniel, first of all i wouldn't say that you are bad at singing.  You do have a nice tone to your voice. Here are a couple of things to consider. 1.  you are allowing a lot of air to pass over the chords-try to clean up the tone, go back to volume 1 and watch the video on the Lah vowel.  Copy that sound work at it, and try to incorporate it into the tune.  2.  Support. Support.  Support-to me it sounds like you are using only about half of your breath support.  really push down on that diaphragm, increase your volume a little. 3.  Pitch-is that the correct melody for the Chorus?it sounds like a lower harmony to me.  Check you version with the album version, and see if you can hear the difference.  overall, really work on that bright lah vowel, and giving more support from the breathing mechanism.  Go over some of the videos, get that breath support happening.  See if that makes a difference.
    Ok I will work hard at everything you've said and then post another audio clip as soon as I get it down.

Thank you so much for the help and support! :)
  • Ken_AKen_A Enrolled Posts: 15
    Hi Daniel, think it's awesome you posted a sample. Everyone here has been super helpful, so I think you'll get a lot of honest and helpful critiquing. How long did you spend on Volume 1 and how often did you go through the audio workouts?
    Every day! and was on it for about a month before moving on