Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

First Time Demo - Alex Clare

So this is the first time Ive really recorded something and actually shown it to someone.

I got the course 2 months ago and this is what I've got so far...

I've been a guitar player for years and never sang in front of people but thought it would be time to up my game and here I am.

This recording is a few takes edited together so excuse some of the disjointed parts.

I'm feeling "OK" about my voice here... can't wait to get into some of the later volumes where I can add some more dirt and harshness to my voice.

Let me know what you think legends I've uploaded a sound cloud link below.

Chat soon,

Jimmy

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Sounds pretty good for a first recording. There are a few little spots where the pitch is a little bit wild, but mostly good pitch and nice tone. Learning a song in sections is good, if you can take that and then learn how to put it all together in one pass. Most of your notes have pretty decent support and good cord closure.
  • jimmyhalleyjimmyhalley Member Posts: 3
    Cheers for the quick feedback @highmtn . Def an eye opening experience recording yourself thats for sure. Will keep working away on those pitch issues. I've given myself a goal to practice for 100 days and record each day too to track progress... should be an interesting project.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    You'll get a lot of information and get really good at self-critiquing.