Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Starting from square one

ShineLikeSunShineLikeSun Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 1
I purchased the Pro pack two years ago. Various reasons had kept me from being able to really use it. Family/health/moving/life/etc...I have lots of excuses. LOL Although I was able to go through volume one for a couple of weeks when I first purchased it and was very impressed at how much I improved in such a short time. It's a new year and everything has settled down, so I'm extremely excited for the possibilities ahead.

I have zero prior experience with singing, so I get to start from square one without having developed any real habits. I'm upgrading to version 2.0 and I'm just going to start from square one with it once I download it. From all the reviews, it sounds like an excellent upgrade, and I look forward to the day I just start belting out a tune in front of family.....cus I hardly talk, let alone sing. I'm sure they'll be shocked. HA

I don't have any singing goals, other than to build a very solid foundation. As I've learned in life, if you want to be an expert at anything then you must be a master at the basics.

I like quite a few different genres of music. I really like singers that can belt and scream then to soft like Chester Bennington and soft to loud and raspy like Bishop Briggs - River and sing raspy/scratchy like the singer from The Dead South - Banjo Odyssey and sing high and soft like Konoba - On Our Knees or high like X Ambassadors - Gorgeous.... and just sooo so many other singers...waaaayyy too many to list.
There is something so very impressive about people that have such control over their voices, and I'm looking forward to growing my voice.

One of my favorite composers is Ludovico Einaudi....too many songs to pick one. Andare, Divenire, In un'altra vita.....that list is huge. I like listening to the piano, it's my favorite instrument. I play a little from time to time, but I'm in no way fluent with it.

I'm into all things Permaculture, but in particular I'm very much into growing food forests.
And if it gives an adrenaline rush...I tend to be interested. :smiley: Though I try to keep it in check, I've realized that if I don't feed myself this urge I'll go crazy. LOL

That's the first proper introduction I've ever done. Hello. I'll probably be in the background reading far far more than I'm ever logged on. I look forward to learning from everyone here in the community.

Comments

• Options
    Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    You know its funny, as the sole guitarist and lead singer for my band, I used to favour the guitar, for both practice and performance. A strange thing happened about at the 12 month mark... I started looking forward to singing practice more than guitar :neutral:
    Started getting serious good feedback for singing, as opposed to always guitar. I'm still not sure how I feel about this LOL
    Maybe at some point, I'll be good enough to pass on the guitar duties and just focus on singing :-O

I do know a bit about Permaculture and am an advocate!

As I'm sure you know, as with agriculture, you reap what you sow. Work at it and nurture your abilities, and your vocal crop will be outstanding :smiley:
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    Welcome ShineLikeSun!