Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Like a Stone by Diego.

DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157

Please give me some feedback, I just started singing this amazing song for real.

Comments

• DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157

This is take 2, I thought this one sounds a little more clear.
    Feedback is appreciated as always. :-)
  • Sounding good. I liked the way you did that.

Now for the bad stuff. I would relax your consonants a little bit. It sounds stiff in areas. The same with some of your vowels. When he sings the line "Room By Room" He's actually singing "Rum By Rum".
    It also seemed like you lost some of your support going into the second chorus, and beyond. You still stayed in key, and hit the notes, but you were singing harder to do it.

Overall it sounded good.

Peace, Tony
    Yeah, I found out midway that singing ''Rum bah rum'' made it feel a lot more open and free not as constricted.
    I've been applying more vowel modification to my singing. Some people tell me it's hard to hear what I am saying sometimes, and I tried to make this recording as clear as possible, and ended up ''overpronouncing'' (I think is the word) some of the vowels & consonants.

Thanks for the awesome feedback @videoace :+1: !

-Diego
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    I had the same impression as videoace in that when you are hitting the F4's in the chorus and higher, you are pushing pretty hard. You should rely more on support than getting louder. Overall, you do a good job. I agree with you that the second version has a little more consistency. I would recommend you work on your support for those higher notes.
    edited February 2018
    Okay, perfect @highmtn what do I do to work on that support?
    I'll try and record it again one of these days and see If I made any progress.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    That's all covered in the KTVA course and in the student areas of the forums. We go into that in great detail, because it's not a short answer by any stretch of the imagination.
    edited February 2018
    Did the B♭4's sound okay? Do they need a more open throat? @highmtn @videoace
    last question. haha
    The F4's are a little strainy and needing more support. "In" should be "ehn" to avoid the "ih".

Here's a new recording of this song. Just to see if it's any better. @videoace @highmtn
    Nice Job, Diego.
    @highmtn Does it sound clearer, less strainy?
    Yes. You're in the pocket. Sounds much better than previous versions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,111
    Sounding much better. Your hard work is paying off.

I'm not sure if this happens to you, but when I sing this song it really pulls on my uvula/soft pallet.

Don't forget to watch those volume levels when you multitrack, or punch in your vocals.

Good job!

Peace, Tony
    edited March 2018
    Thanks, @highmtn and @videoace .
    ''I'm not sure if this happens to you, but when I sing this song it really pulls on my uvula/soft pallet''
    On some parts yeah actually. I feel like it pulls on my pallet especially on the chorus

Anyways, thanks for the volume feeback, will watch out.
    Will continue to work hard.

-Diego.