Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Just bought the course at 61

LenoraLenora Member, 2.0 PRO Posts: 21
I just bought the pro course download, the one that costs $349. I state that I am 61 years of age because I hope to encourage others who think they are too old. I don't care how old you are, don't let age be the thing that holds you back. If you are mute and cannot make vocal sounds, let that hold you back from singing, but not age.

I emailed my request to access the pro forums, or whatever it is, and now I've started the course! Yay!

Comments

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    A very warm welcome Lenora! You are totally right there, I am 53 now, and absolutely rocking the casbah!
    There is allot of content to go through, but remember... its not the kill, its the thrill of the chase B)
    Rock on sister!

Phillip
  • LenoraLenora Member, 2.0 PRO Posts: 21
  • If you love singing, you're absolutely going to love this course, and what it does for you.
    I'm 54, and have been working the course for a little over six months now, and my voice feels great!

Good luck to you, and hope to hear something from you in the near future.

Peace, Tony
    videoace said:

If you love singing, you're absolutely going to love this course, and what it does for you.
    I'm 54, and have been working the course for a little over six months now, and my voice feels great!

Good luck to you, and hope to hear something from you in the near future.

Peace, Tony

When I learn how to put one up here, I'll upload myself doing some exercises.
  • ashblackashblack Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 5
    I'm 50 years old and have been doing the course for a couple months in weekend warrior mode. I love it, super insightful. I'm not sure how the forum works yet, but I suppose I'll get to work posting a video for some feedback...
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    @ashblack
    First post a single exercise. Lip trills, or the Basic Lah. One post, one exercise at a time. Get feedback. Practice more, taking into account the feedback you got...
    edited January 2018
    highmtn said:

@ashblack
    First post a single exercise. Lip trills, or the Basic Lah. One post, one exercise at a time. Get feedback. Practice more, taking into account the feedback you got...

Yes, I have since read that that is the way to do it. I’m reviewing the vids and already have realized that I’m too much in my head voice. I’m not very good at ascertaining that, but am getting better. I’ll probably post a basic lah in a few days. Thanks!!
    EDIT: Oops, thought you were talking to me. Still good advice though.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Yes. He jumped into a topic you started. That happens. It's fine.
  • rickyogimarickyogima 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 69
    well hello and grad to have you: I am glad to hear that singing can stretch out over the course of lives - keep up the fun
  • AlyonaAlyona Member, Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 288
  • cjfoxcjfox Member, 2.0 INTERMEDIATE Posts: 19
    There's a few of us "mature" students. Don't let it hold you back, it's all about attitude and hard work.