Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Resonance.

Guys Im currently struggling about the resonance, Does the resonance needs to be on the chest or in the back of the troat? Because when im doing a scale the resonance sometimes was on the chest then sometimes on the back of the troat, Where should be the resonance takes place? please help me.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    It depends on the note. Low notes resonate in the chest, and you can feel it in the sternum. As the notes get higher, the center of resonance moves upward, into the throat, and up into the skull, at times moving forward to the front of the face or to the back of the throat or top of the head.
  • markbuhay12markbuhay12 Member Posts: 23
    i Dont know what am i doing but sometimes its resonating in my chest then when im going up its resonating on the throat, how can i know if im singing right? if im on the right tract?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    What you just described is correct. If you feel it resonating in different places, moving up as the notes get higher, that is the way it works.
  • markbuhay12markbuhay12 Member Posts: 23
    oh cool thank you Very much sir