Home SINGER/SONGWRITERS
Options

Airy Voice

CoolUsernameCoolUsername Member Posts: 1
edited December 2017 in SINGER/SONGWRITERS
Hi. I am relatively new at singing. When I sing I can hear air coming out with my voice as well. What should I do?

Comments

• Options
    bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    That's probably because you are not getting enough cord closure. The bright 'LAH' sound that Ken demonstrates provides a lot of cord closure, it's physically keeping the vocal cords closer to each other, but not completely shut, to still produce sound. Together with this, you want the open throat sensation that comes from the proper 'LAH' sound, combined with strong abdominal support.

Of course i will recommend you to get the new 2.0 version of KTVA, which is on sale now too. I can't explain it better than in the course. But you can start experimenting a little after watching some of Ken's instructional youtube videos. Stuff like the 'LAH' is demonstrated there.

The over-use of breath that comes with not enough cord closure, or forcing your voice with air to achieve higher pitch, is our enemy. Breathy singing can still be done however when this is the style. However, the higher up in pitch you go, the more difficult this becomes.

I hope this helps you.

All the best,

Ben
  • Options
    AlyonaAlyona Member, Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 288
    You can also try to make a LAH sound not very loud trying to make it going kind of back to the throat - try to make less the air go out and notice what you did. That helped me.