Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

How Deep Is Your Love

DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157

I saw this song somewhere on the forums. And I just wanted to sing it.
I had fun doing the harmonics. And for some reason the sound got distorted no matter how low I set the record volume.
Please give me feedback on the vocals.
:-)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,111
    I liked it. Nice job with this one, and I really liked how you sustained those high notes in falsetto/head voice.
    Nice work. Your getting better every time i hear you.

Peace, Tony
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Thank you so much! @videoace
    I was actually a bit sick for this recording. I looked at Ken's video of singing when sick.
    Anyways, thanks a ton for the feedback!
    Hard work does pay off.

-Diego
    @highmtn What do you think sir?
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    I very much liked it!
    I heard some of the textbook head voice shape inflections in there!
    :smiley:
    Overall it had a pretty nice flow, and I felt you connected to the song well.

Bravo!
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited March 2018
    Lots of distortion making it sound unpleasant to the ears. Your voice sounds good, but the recording sounds bad. Lots of changes in level make it obvious where you overdub. But mostly the input being overdriven makes it hard to listen to. It's hard to listen closely to give you feedback on nuances when the sound itself is making irritation to the ears.

You need to learn some basics about recording levels and mixing. If you can get that part worked out, you can make some good recordings. But these are sounding ragged where they should be pleasant and smooth. You can't drive digital recordings beyond Zero dB without getting nasty sounds in the recording. It's better to have levels a little bit too low than a little bit too high. And you have to build mixes based on making the weakest sounds in the mix be as big as you want them to be, with clarity. That means everything else needs to come down to make that happen.

You don't have to make perfect recordings to put them up here, but they shouldn't be all distorted and painful to hear. Spend some time working with your vocal mic. Figure out what you're doing that makes it distort and come up with a way to avoid that, throughout the recording and mixing process. It's all about the levels.
    @Furious_Phil ! Thank you so much for the feedback!
    ''I heard some of the textbook head voice shape inflections in there!'' What does this mean? Just to clear my doubt lol.
    Thank you for taking the time to listen.

-Diego.
    @highmtn Thank you for the feedback sir.
    I'll try and make better quality recordings, next time I upload lets see If I improve.
    Still kind of new to the recording thing, shouldn't be hard I guess lol.
    Thank you!

-Diego
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Diego said:

@Furious_Phil ! Thank you so much for the feedback!
    ''I heard some of the textbook head voice shape inflections in there!'' What does this mean? Just to clear my doubt lol.
    Thank you for taking the time to listen.

-Diego.

Basically its when the upper head voice starts sounding a little like the BeeGees/Frankie Valli

@highmtn Hopefully this the sound problem is better.
    I fixed the volume levels a bit, or so I think.
    Give me feedback! :-)
    :+1:

-Diego
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Much better! You sang it well, too. Are you doing all of the vocal parts or are some of them from the karaoke track?
    edited March 2018
    @highmtn
    I did all the vocals!
    Were they good?
    It was a bunch of trial and error to get the harmonies down. Payed off in the end, haha.
    :smile:

-Diego

You did a good job.