Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Track one

Whew! Between working the course, practicing cover songs, and writing my own material............it really has been a journey so far, but a lot of things are coming together. My singing is getting better, which inspires me to play more, and that leads to more writing for me.

Anyway, this will be the first cut from the CD I'm working on (not yet titled). It's more of a lead in type of thing so it's not very lengthy, but I wanted to share it, and get some feedback. (good or bad. hit me with it)

My songs are protected so don't think about it ha ha ha.

Hope you enjoy.

Peace, Tony

https://youtu.be/y4N5V9fpTEI

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Intriguing long intro. Lots of tension buildup. Cool concept/idea for the theme. It will be interesting to see where you take this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,111
    Track two will be "When We Were Young" which I posted a pre-production demo of here not long ago. The others I have lined up are a mixture of blues rock, hard rock, and light rock. There will be a total of 6-7 songs on the "EP" I should call it. Not a full CD.

Thanks for the listen Bob. Always appreciated.

Peace.
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Is the dissonant piano note around 2:23 intentional? That can be pretty cool actually if it is followed by something frantic or dramatic.

Sometimes i am not sure if the kind of arpeggiating (is that a word?) guitar is completely in-tune for every note in the long intro.

It's pretty cool, i also like the build-up. The mixing sounds pretty good too especially on the instruments. Reminds me of older bands. Well done.

The singing also needs some adjusting for pitch in a few areas, but i think you are improving. For instance, you end with 'the way it has to be', the 'be' seems to go wobbly on pitch on the sustain.

All the best and thanks a lot for sharing,

Ben
    You're a tough one Ben ha ha. I dig it though. It keeps me thinking and on my toes.

I know some people won't accept, or agree with this, but I like leaving in mistakes as long as they aren't detrimental to the song. I'm not a fan of music being absolute perfect. Doing that, and I used to, makes it sound too sterile. There is enough of that out there already.

I like raw, rough, and something that translates very easily when playing them live. I want the listener to hear it the same as the person sitting in the 20th row if that makes sense. Basically capture a certain feeling, and being able to produce it live without a bunch of effects blah blah blah. I just want to play, and sing stripped down to the basics.

Anyway, thanks for the listen, and hopefully I'll have something new for everybody to hear soon. It's coming.

Peace, Tony
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    I actually agree with you about the perfection part. It can absolutely become sterile. I really can't stand it if music is over-produced. Where you can clearly hear thousands of layers and all flaws have been edited away.

Just a good solid production is what does it for me, not sterile, not completely raw. Well done.

Sorry for giving you a hard time :tired_face:
    You can always tell me to shut up!

Keep on rocking!

Ben
    It's perfectly fine Ben. I was just giving you grief lol.

I appreciate that you take the time to listen let alone critique. Fire away!

Peace.