Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Singing in the Car and Using the Volumes well

Hey! Hope everybody is doing great :smiley:

So... I've been really busy lately. One of the only way for me to practice is by singing in the car late at night when I come back from work (neighbours and family sleeping, already have woken them up in the past with the singing...).
(there's still one or two days in the week

Here's the thing, I know a few places and parking lots around my small city where I can park the car and sing without hopefully disturbing anybody. Now the thing is I can decline the seat of my car and I wondered if it was better than having something like a 90° angle.

The other question I have, and I guess you guys have already discussed about it but I can't find the info (so you might as well show me where I can find it lol)

How are you supposed to use the volumes workouts (currently doing the 3rd one) and the lessons exercises since they are not totally the same. Do you do the workouts and add in a few exercices like the sliders or the ghosting exercises depending on what you feel you should improve?

Thank you guys so much for the help! :smiley:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,111
    One of the very first things talked about in the instruction video is posture. If you are sitting, you want to sit up straight not tilting your torso left, right, back, forth. Same with the head. You want to look straight ahead not tilting it in any direction.

As far as doing the exercises, I would do what is recommended, and anything you do after that is only going to help you that much more in the long run. If your not tired after the exercises, do the extras.

Peace, Tony
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Yes, Tony has nailed the lion's share of it... If you're seated, then 90 degree angle is best, and just do the course material for the volume you're on... at least for now.

Cheers,

Phillip
  • FenderBenderFenderBender Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 15
    Thanks a lot for the answers guys :-) Posture totally makes sens, thanks.

About the exercises. I would love to imrpove my vibrato, when am I supposed to do the ghosting exercises? I've been on Volume 3 for about 3 weeks, it it too soon?

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    How long have you been on the whole course?
  • FenderBenderFenderBender Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 15
    edited March 2018
    A Year more or less! I spent a lot of time on Volume 2. One of the reasons being that I could'nt train for a month and a half because of a very strong bronchitis :/
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    I tend to use the "replay" function and the rewind/fast forward buttons when driving with the workouts. The parts I am weakest on are the ones I do over and over until I feel like I am getting the small details worked to my satisfaction. So I may do the highest scales over and over again, or the highest parts of the highest scales, or the ones right at my passaggio, that kind of thing.
  • aamaam Pro Posts: 3
    edited October 2018
    holaz, una consulta, estoy haciendo el volumen tres hace meses y mi duda es si una vez que estamos en el tres el dos y el uno lo dejamos de hacer?
    cada tanto hago los ejercicios del pro pack 4 que son los de cabeza, pero como siento que me cuesta mas la parte media para abajo ahi nace mi duda que hacer.

gracias!
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    edited October 2018
    Hola @mendez.a puedes volver a los anteriores si sientes que necesitas reforzar cosas de esos volumenes, yo volví muchas veces al volumen 2 personalmente, así que si sientes que debes trabajar el volumen 2 mas tiempo, no dudes en volver, es común que eso pase, no eres el único :), al principio uno debe de observar mucho la textura de voz con la que Ken esta haciendo cada volumen, es muy importante

saludos
    Gaston