Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Going to California Led Zeppelin TEST

DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157

It's only the first part before I start belting out the rest.
@videoace @highmtn How's this?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,111
    That wasn't bad at all. I was hoping to hear you do the high part in the middle though, but for a first try it was good. Makes me want to try it ha ha.

Peace
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Yeah, sorry to leave you in cliffhanger. Got to get into good shape before that part. I'm gonna do it somehow.
    I tried it today, and didn't feel like it sounded that supported. I felt like I should give it a try tomorrow.
    Yeah! You should try it! Go for it.

-Diego
  • Options
    If you can pull off the Bee Gees, I'm sure that middle part shouldn't be much more difficult.

If I get brave enough I may try it, but I'll just post it here if I do.

Peace
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Does he do it in full chest or what does he sing it in? I think I can do it. I want to get the same sound, kind of reminds me of Axl Rose kind of sound for some strange reason.

Dumb question lol.
  • Options
    That middle part is all head voice, he's just cutting back the air to make it appear that he's really belting it out.

Peace
  • Options
    Oh! Cool. Thanks

-Diego
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    Sounds good for a test.
  • Options

@highmtn @videoace here's the full one.
  • Options
    @Diego
    I wont comment on the beginning seeing as it was the same track as the first so.......On to the middle part.

It was just a hair flat. I was pulling for you thinking to myself, "OK he's gonna pull it on up, and then on the second phrase you did bring it up, but fell a hair short again. Maybe trying to hard? Relax more? Try it lighter, but get a touch closer to the mic when you do.

I think you should really practice this one, and keep it as part of your everyday songs to sing. After a week or two of singing it everyday you could really wow some people with that song. For some reason singers tend to stay away from Robert Plant so keep on it.

Peace, Tony

• Options
    edited March 2018
    I didn't know why I did it all Full chest for some reason. I just felt it sounded better, and heavier like that. But oh well, gonna practice that part. Gonna use this thread for a while to post updates.
    Thank you :)

-Diego