Home SINGER/SONGWRITERS

Pitch Pipe App for Iphone/Ipad

Hey there fellow singers,

I just signed up for KTVA 2.0 last week and started doing the exercises. Love it so far and was hoping to find something to help me monitor my progress. There are a bunch of pitch pipe apps out there and I am looking for one that will assist me on my vocal journey with KTVA. In particular, pitch monitoring and recording practice sessions. The ability to enter my own play list and view my vocal performance against the sheet music (i.e. am I hitting the notes?) would be a big plus. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Comments

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    That Pitch Pipe might work for that, but honestly, once you develop your ear and learn good relative pitch, you'll know beyond the shadow of a doubt when you're off the beaten path and self-correct.
    I occasionally use a free app called "Singscope" so I can see how cleanly I am hitting the notes of a scale as well as see what note my upper and lower range lies at.
    This supplies metrics that makes it easier to track one's progress.
    I also sometimes use a decibel meter app to make sure I am controlling the volume of my voice to keep from over-singing.

Cheers,

Phillip