Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Two weeks into course...Wow!

bonvie56bonvie56 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 55
Greetings!
It's really terrific to have found KTVA! A YouTube search for vocal coaches, after having several 'live' ones throughout my lifetime, yielded a lot of stuff that I simply knew wouldn't fit me. And then this guy that looked like an old long-haired buddy of mine popped up...and after getting hooked on Ken's videos I ordered the course. Now I couldn't be happier!
I am 62 years old...a lifetime pianist, and started singing as a way to learn melodies for 'ear-playing' my instrument. This developed into a skill that annoyed my piano teachers, because I seldom follow the charts even though I can read music well. Anyway, the ear training part of it has paid off well, but my voice, although I've been told it's 'nice,' has never been reliable as far as supporting upper register pitch, stamina and just overall quality. This has changed dramatically over just the past two weeks. The sit-up exercise in Volume 1 really helped a lot, as have the audio exercises ( getting through them 2 to 4 times daily ).
Looking forward to progressing through the course, and I am also enjoying reading many posts on this Forum. It is obvious that you have a very dedicated team of professional moderators and some amazing students. Mr. Ken Tamplin appears, by all measures, to be "The Sensei of Song!"

...With great appreciation,
Dan

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,111
    Hang on to your hat Dan, It's only going to get better as time goes by.

I'm 54, been in the course for less than a year, and had zero experience singing. I was so bad I couldn't carry a tune in a wheel barrell bad ha ha. Now I carry a tune wherever I go, and loving it.

In a nutshell, you're going to be very happy where this course is going to take you.

Peace, Tony
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    Welcome, @bonvie56 !

You're going to learn a lot and be very pleased as you enjoy learning and developing these new skills. It gets better and better, the longer you go.

Bob
  • Options
    bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Welcome, Dan!

That ear-training of yours will definitely be very helpful with singing. A VERY useful skill to have.

All the best,

Ben
  • Options
    bonvie56bonvie56 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 55
    Thanks guys! Lovin' it so far. I was just doing a jazz version of 'Moonglow,' and was able to hit some notes 'true to pitch' up high where I've never felt comfortable before. Truly mind blowing!