Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Any thoughts on some initial things for me to focus on?

This is me at karaoke - awkward, yes. But melodic. Any idea why I run out of breath in almost every song?

https://youtu.be/9flaQV09GqE

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Hmmm. Video won't play. Says it "may be expired..."
  • JeddaDoJeddaDo 2.0 PRO Posts: 7
    Thank you for trying! I've changed the security settings - should work for anyone now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,111
    I opened it, but it wouldn't play. I hit play, but the video never moved. Sorry
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    @JeddaDo

Your breath will improve as you work your way through the course. You'll learn to cut back the air, apply more cord closure, and be able to have sufficient air for the longest notes. It just takes a while of working the exercises to grow your voice to the point that you have power and breath to spare.

You have a nice voice. Applying Ken's techniques will give you lots of options on how to use it.

Bob
  • ZoltanZoltan Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I'm not entitled to judge your voice itself. For me text - the message of a song is very important.

This a very positive song, and I encourage you to go with it! Now I think you concentrate very much on the pitch. You've got nice tune I like it, I think very important. Just keep on practicing!