Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Yesterday - Cover

DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157

Here's a very good song brought to us by the Beatles.
Hope you enjoy, and remember to give me feedback on the vocals and recording.
Here's a Beatles song you requested @videoace hope you enjoy. I'll do the other one soon.
@highmtn @Furious_Phil @TommyM @bentk @sealrose @streeter @Gaston_Jauregui @Ken Tamplin
Added some harmonies at the end of the song just for fun :tongue:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,111
    edited May 2018
    That was awesome Diego. You sang that really nice. I didnt care for the bass backing vocal at the end though. It seemed out of place, but other than that you did a fantastic job.
    Watch out doubling the vocals, they seem to get loose in some spots. You want to keep those tight.

Bravo

Thank you.

Peace
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Yeah, I should've taken that bass out lol.
    Glad you enjoyed it!
    Feel like I have improve a TON since I started out here haha!
    Thanks for all of the awesome feedback @videoace, this brings a smile to my face. :smile:

All the best,

-Diego
  • Options
    Did you throw a video in on Ken's challenge? That song you just posted was good enough to win something. You could have won some one on one time or the full course, and you really need to get into the full program Diego. You would have a monster voice in no time.

Peace
  • Options
    That's my biggest regret, I didn't but I have to wear the Ken Tamplin shirt, which is already too late. Haha.
    But like I said, I should be getting it somewhere in June. I have high hopes, it's on my wish list! lol.
  • Options
    I've already listened to it about 5 times. It's one of my all time favorites. I used to sing it all the time when I was little. Yesterday, and Help. The two favorites from my childhood.

Thanks again.

Peace
  • Options
    Wow, I'm glad you enjoyed it that much Tony :smile: ! If you ever have any requests, I'll try my best to record it. I love a challenge.

All the best,
    -Diego
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    What do you think @highmtn ?
  • Options
    ThePhotographerThePhotographer Member Posts: 10
    OMG! That was nice! Lose the original background vocals and you will have a masterpiece! Find a YouTube version of just a musical cut. Remember to be able to sing it acapella first. Your confidence level sound great too!! Being able to relax and enjoy yourself singing is half the battle. Hope to hear another! Again, wow and thanks for sharing!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK_uUxS2P6M or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXHvnMZRGNQ or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH0NC4b0jdg

Scott
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Haha, I did use an instrumental version I just double tracked the vocals, which I didn't do too well haha.
    Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!

All the best,
    Diego
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    You did a good job. I just remember as I was listening to it thinking "which voice do I listen to?" It sounds like a duet. I know you were just fooling around with doubling, but I'm so entrenched in hearing it as a person singing about loneliness that it seems odd to hear two voices singing it in the first person.

That's just a personal impression. Technically, you did well.
  • Options
    Here's the version WITHOUT the double track. Let me know what you think! :)@highmtn @ThePhotographer @videoace
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    Awesome. THAT'S what I was listening for! This is your best, so far, Diego!
  • Options
    That was really good Diego. Your voice sounded nice, and natural. Not over processed with effects.
    Just goes to show that you don't need a ton of fancy effects to record a good vocal track.
    Very nicely done my friend.

Peace, Tony
  • Options
    Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
  • Options
    stratmanstratman Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 364
    @Diego that was very good. When I try that song, my pitch is all over the place (in a bad way) ... well done!
  • Options
    Wow, thanks guys! Glad to see you enjoyed it!
    I sang this for an event I had, I thought I might as well made a recording and post it here for feedback.
    But it all turned out well thankfully!

All the best,

-Diego