Home Recording Techniques and Gear
Options

The Day of Recording Vocals.

Hi,

I'm just curious what do you guys do differently from your general daily routine, on the day of recording vocals. I'm thinking here about doing exercises in a different manner (time when do you do the exercises, how soon before recording) , or not drinking any coffee, or if you do how many hours ahead :) or any other things that you do differently from the daily routine.

Thanks,

Zoltan Gaspar

Comments

• Options
    Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    edited May 2018
    Hi @vadasz in my experience, I try to not drink any alcohol before a recording session, at least for a day or two, that´s for sure, i always drink a cup or two of coffee everyday, and has not affected me in anyway, but if i am suffering of acid reflux, I stop doing it, other thing that i do, is the way I train if I have to record a song that has a very light mixed voice, that´s the way i train the scales and prepare my voice for that, if i have to do a very heavy recording with belts etc, i would train as volume 3 is supposed to be

about the time, i always start as soon as i finish the training, or might wait a couple of min,
    I hate to train in the morning as i assume everybody does, because my voice isn´t ready yet, but sometimes i have to haha
    Gaston
  • Options
    vadaszvadasz Pro Posts: 11