Home Ken Tamplin's Corner

The sit up exercise

Vince159Vince159 2.0 PRO Posts: 18
Hi Ken,

I have a physical problem with the sit up. I've had numerous surgeries on my lower back, fused from S1 to L3, so doing the sit up is not an option for me. I'm considering subbing in a different version; standing, bending at the waist to 45 degrees, then doing the scale as I straighten to standing. What do you think?
Thanks for everything, Vince

Comments

• Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    edited May 2018
    hi @Vince159 im Gaston, hope you are well, what i do is bend on a bench or seat with no backrest, kind of like a small crunch supporting my weight on my very lower abs while i do the scales, this actually has helped me a lot, doesnt have to be a very big inclination just to the point your lower abs are activated, not sure if this is possible for you , but hope it helps

• Vince159Vince159 2.0 PRO Posts: 18
    Thanks Gaston, that's very helpful. I'll work with it. Could you tell me if I have access to the student forum?
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    @Vince159 as far as im concerned if you have the program you have access to everything, but ill tag a person who is more informed than i am on every aspect of the forum @highmtn

and about the crunch, remember this is to get started as soon as you are capable of doing it standing, try to do it always standing up, the crunches will help you to be aware what are the most important muscles and they´ll continue to grow on your whole abdomen
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited May 2018
    Hi, Vince. You can see from your name on this post that you have PRO access, which is full student access to the entire program. See where it says "Vince159 Posts: 4 2.0 PRO". You are flagged with pro access.
  • Vince159Vince159 2.0 PRO Posts: 18
    Thanks for pointing that out highmtn. I bought the DVDs, I'll check out what I can access on the Student Portal.