Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Trying to find an easy sing to learn

Hey guys so I really just wanted to ask what does one look for when choosing to pick a song to sing? Do you use sheet music when you're first starting out?

Comments

• Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    edited May 2018
    Hi @andrewtocool im Gaston!, Well, personally, the first thing I do , is try to sing the higher parts to see if i can hit them, if i don´t, i try to figure out why, (you´ll see how in a second), the next thing i do is check how is sung live, (that means if it was possible to the singer to recreate the song exactly as in the record), I also check covers to see how other people tried to achieve it, if someone could, possibly i could too,i usually go for videos that were sung live with a cel phone or something cheap,
    In the case i am capable of singing it, I start from the beginning and check line by line what are the flaws i have, if there are some breaks in my voice, i kind of take mind notes of what i should work on, hard consonants like Q K C P T and small vowel sounds like EE and Uh to see what i should modify, also i check the style of the singer in case im gonna try to imitate a little bit his sound, or im gonna go for a personal or technical way of achieving the song, which i usually "try" to be very technical, and that makes me go through the song easier

hope this was helpful
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    I do the exact same as Gastron.
    I try to hit the notes at first, and see which ones are off so I work on them. And I also use the forum for additional feedback. I like to listen at a particular song with the vocals only track to see how they sing it more in-depth, how they pronounce stuff.

All the best,
    -Diego