Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Greetings from an absolute beginner :)

AdrianCAdrianC Enrolled Posts: 1
edited September 2012 in INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Hi everyone!

My name's Adrian, and I am an absolute beginner when it comes to singing. I've played piano for a few years and am now starting to learn the ukulele (had to get one after my holiday in Hawaii!).

I bought into Ken Tamplin for two reasons: he has an amazing collection of resources and information that is very easy to understand (even for me), and because he seems like an all-round great guy who loves what he does.

I'm not looking to be in the spotlight - I just want to be able to sing so that I can enjoy my love for music even more.

This is my first shot at singing lessons, so I'm very impressionable :)

Looking forward to progress!

Adrian.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Adrian,

You have made a very  wise choice.  You are starting from scratch with the most direct way to really learn how singing should be done.  Many of the rest of us tried several unsuccessful singing methods before finally finding what we were looking for at KTVA. 

Ken is an amazing teacher, a super singer, and a totally decent, caring person.

Welcome to KTVA.  You've come to the right place!

Bob

• GuevaraGuevara Enrolled Posts: 140
    Hi Adrian,

Welcome to the KTVA forum. You are smart to have chosen the KTVA program; As far as I've seen, Ken is the only coach who is teaching and demonstrating (using actual hit songs) what it takes to be a professional vocalist.

You mention your desire to enjoy your love of music even more through singing, and I think this is a great attitude and place to be starting from.

All the best, Gary 
  • AdrianCAdrianC Enrolled Posts: 1
    Thanks guys! 

Already noticing an improvement after a week of doing the volume 1 workout. So awesome! 
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Keep us posted, Adrian, as you progress, and ask questions when you get stuck.  That's what we're here for, to help one another!

Bob

• KokonuhtKokonuht Member, Enrolled Posts: 658
    Welcome aboard Adrian! I'm sure you'll be blown away just like most of us were and still are :D!

If you do face any problems, do post on the forums! (omg that rhymed XD) We're all here to help each other out ;D