Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Crosstown Traffic

Respectful and constructive criticism welcome!

Comments

• jemdrumjemdrum 2.0 PRO Posts: 6
    stick to your own funkier reworking of Jimi. He had his own brilliant guitar work (doubled with comb and paper kazoo) and you bring your feel , guitar work and good vocals
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Interesting take on an old familiar song.
  • lppageguitarlppageguitar Pro Posts: 16
    Thanks guys, was thinking more about help with the vocals!
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    edited June 2018
    @ippageguitar I would try to brighten the sound more in general, it´s kind of dancing around between dark and bright in some parts, and that could be little dangerous, plus is not gonna let your voice grow on the higher parts, as a sample of what could be great to make it even, would take second 0:38 to 0:43 the brighter and more even the better, for example in min 2:00 there is something you are doing with your soft palate, that is kind of taking the brightness and homogeneous from the sound, It doesn´t sound bad, but is gonna bring you trouble on the higher parts, and it´s kind of dangerous if you do it really high and loud, hope this helps
    btw your guitar playing is A-mazing!
    Thanks for the honest feedback! I did notice that I was covering the sound a bit too much on those F above middle C notes in places after hearing the final product. Sounds bright and dark because the vocal track is a culmination of a few different takes.

Strange.... I'm both satisfied and dissatisfied with certain aspects of my singing. No doubt it is much much better than before starting these programs. Onwards and upwards l, more constructive feedback is welcome :)
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    im glad you took the feedback, your voice sound like it´s getting to the right spot, it´s just to be a little more conscious of the little details, you probably do the scales in the right way, but when it comes to singing sometimes we tend to forget what we are looking for, just like going from guitar practice to guitar playing, which from your playing I can tell you already mastered it :)
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    I think you could have sung the high parts in chest voice and that would be better in my opinion, but singing them in head voice is a valid choice. It would just have more oomph in chest.
    Highmtn. Thanks! Getting Chest(or a chest heavy mixed register) above and F or F# is not possible for me at the moment, a good goal to strive for moving forward :)
    It will come with time and practice, @lppageguitar !