Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hello everyone!

ApolloniartApolloniart STREAMING Volume 1 Posts: 12
I'm a new student in KTVA and you can call me Apple. I haven't been singing for ages, although I used to sing so much as a kid and I loved it. I have a quite low self-esteem and I'm starting to sing again not only because it's fun but also because I believe that it will help me empower my voice both literally and figuratively.
My vocal range is two octaves (and some notes, but let's say 2 octaves for now) and I get some very low notes for a girl (I have male friends that can't sing as low as I do, I can sing G2) BUT I have no falsetto/head voice at all!
I don't know what am I doing wrong but I just can't sing in falsetto/head voice. Is it possible that my vocal chords have something wrong? Is there a particular way to register (vocal placement) in order to achieve the head voice? Could I not have a head voice at all?
Thank you, it's nice to be here. :smile:

Comments

• Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    Hi, the fact that you can´t connect your chest voice to head or cant sing in head at all, doesn´t mean there is something wrong with your voice, meaning you aren´t hurt and you don´t have something wrong in your vocal chords, But it means it still gonna take a while to develop it, see it this way, you´ve been going to the gym and trained only one arm, so with the other you can´t lift anything at all,
    about the vocal placement, Ken is very specific in the programs, so you´ll get to the point where Ken speaks about head voice and gives you a lot of exercises to work it out, so it´ll come with time, for now, make sure you do all exercises :) the videos and audios and make sure you do the as a stretch but also bridging (in a very low volume)

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Hi, Apple!

You will probably only get to some beginning exercises in head voice, since your program is for Volume 1 only, but it should help you to find head voice and to begin to use it. The full program includes exercises that go extensively into strong, timbral head voice in Volume 4. Volumes 2 and 3 also make use of bridging into head voice quite a bit. You should be able to at least find your head voice and begin to access it in Volume 1, as well as to stretch your chest voice capabilities.

Bob
  • ApolloniartApolloniart STREAMING Volume 1 Posts: 12
    After completing Volume 1 don't I get asked if I want to continue with Volume 2 etc.? How does it go?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    It's up to you to decide if you want to keep going. (yes, I know, wouldn't everyone want to keep going?)

There are upgrades. You should be able to upgrade to The Course Plus Pro Packs Streaming.

Send an email to ktvahelp@gmail.com

Tell them you finished the beginner course and want to upgrade to Pro Streaming. They will explain the upgrade process.
    I think I'm going to stick a little longer with Volume 1 because I haven't been doing my exercises regularly. In fact, I'm going to upload my demo with Lah so I can get some feedback in here. Thank you again very much for taking the time to answer me! I would like to get your feedback as well if it isn't much trouble for you.
    Yes, submit your demo in the Volume 1 area "New Student Demos". We'll see how you are doing! :)
    Yes I submitted it there! :smile: