Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Training Voice Like a Muscle

If the voice is a muscle is there a limit (time spent vocalizing) each day where after a certain amount of time your returns diminish and you start to just waste time sitting there doing scales ???

Like working out a real big muscle , bench pressing , theres only so many reps each day you can do to grow the chest muscle .

I spend a lot of time vocalizing and just wondering if theres a point where (say after 3 hours) you've already stimulated the voice muscle as much as it can grow in that day and now I'm just wasting time ?

Or is it the more time you spend singing each day the more the voice muscle grows .

Comments

• I do my scales once a day, and if I want to keep going I sing my favorite songs, but not for fun per say. I'm always working when I sing now. How can I do this or that better today.

Yes the muscles I use to sing do get fatigued after so long. I notice it when I can't hit simple higher notes that I was just doing 30 mins ago, or I can't capture a proper breath.
    Your body will let you know when you've had enough if you pay attention to it.

Peace, Tony
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    Hey @joeylegnon 2 to 3 hours a day of just training scales is awesome if your voice can take it, if you dont feel you are losing range or as if you cant support notes, this is very important, if you feel that you cant support them as well, its better to stop, I wouldnt rush on tha thought , but eventually youll be capable of doing that without getting tired, if you are already there, thats great, and if you have three hours 5 to 6 days a week, for your training thats even better, just take in consideration what I just told you

hope you are well
    :)