Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Aretha Franklin :'(

Just heard the news. The Queen Of Soul has passed on. She was definitely one of a kind. It will be a long time before anybody sees that kind of talent again. (Being from Detroit myself I'm a little biased).

I actually had the pleasure of meeting, and spending an afternoon with her. At the time I was doing video production (I was a shooter), and she won an award for something, but couldn't be there to accept it so her people hired our crew to come to her, and videotape her acceptance.
She was a very nice lady. We all had a great time while we were there.

Just sad to see all of that talent and experience vanish before our eyes like that.

Peace, Tony

Comments

• Options
    Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    its truly a sad day for music
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    How cool that you got to spend some time with her. She has always been the first name that pops up any time Ken is talking about what singers he looks up to and who led the way for the kind of singing Ken emulates. His list goes something like this: Aretha Franklin, Sam Cooke, Paul Rodgers, Lou Gramm, Ronnie James Dio, and on and on. Aretha, always at the front.
  • Options
    When I was a shooter I got to meet a lot of "known: people, but the whole time we were there, and she would want or need something she would always start with "Honey could you do this or that", and after you did it she always said "Thank ya baby"

I just regret not being able to keep any of the footage from it, but they were very strict about what we did with it.

Peace