Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Sunshine of your love

Hi everybody,

I would like to hear what you think about this cover I did about a very famous song from Cream
I see I am getting better demo after demo and month after month but I would like to hear what you think.
My setup for recording is pretty basic and I think the gain was a bit to high but apart from technical issue what do you think about my voice and the overall result?

Thank in advace

C.

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    @Claude77 I can't say really anything per se about your singing, and truly there are many better members that can address that, but as a native English speaker I can comment on your accent. As a forewarning if English speakers hear much of an accent on any English language song they are going to immediately tune it out, no matter how well you sing that song. I imagine that it is that way for any language.

The first thing that I learned when I was trying to speak Tagalog (Language of the Philippines) was that even though I was using the correct words and my grammar was correct the native speakers would blow me off and switch back to English if they could or if they couldn't they would simply look at me dumbstruck. This was so frustrating and humiliating for me. It took me almost two years before I really understood that if I said it with the correct accent and the right cadence then people would respond to me in Tagalog. That was a great day for me :)

I am currently learning Spanish. I am in no hurry and I my goal is literacy in the language. I am always on the look out for interesting videos on Spanish speaking and I found this one that I think is very informative on the path to learning another language, not just Spanish. There is a point in the video where the guy that is the film's focus talks about accent and cadence. He is online and talking to a business owner about something called the mimic method. It is very interesting to me as a singer and a learner of a foreign language. The video will explain better than I can, but I think that this type of thing can be so helpful. I plan when my vocabulary and grammar are in a place where I feel comfortable to take this course to erase my English accent in Spanish. I think it will be well be worth the time and effort, because for me I don't want to be seen as another English speaker speaking Spanish when I speak to others.

Hope this helps :)
  • Claude77Claude77 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 213
    edited August 2018
    @HuduVudu
    thanks a lot for your comment. I do speak fluent english and I have studied it for years and I spent one year in Ireland and I also got FIRST certificate from Cambridge.
    I know the language but the accent is something I really found hard to improve.
    You are absolutely right that the wrong accent can make the overall result weak and I will follow your advice and I will try to work much more on this topic.

Thank you very much for your suggestions
    C.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    This is the best I've heard from you @Claude77! You have improved a lot.

Be careful on the chorus "I've been waiting so long... to be where I'm going" you're drifting down and going flat as you hold those notes. Check the pitch and don't drift down when you're on a note.

Nice tone.
  • Claude77Claude77 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 213
    @highmtn

Thanks a lot for the comment Bob, it makes me so happy to hear from you about my progress.
    I have really improved a lot since I started.
    I work hard everyday but the real point is this: KTVA WORKS!!!!

C.