Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Reinforced Falsetto

Hello, from Myanmar

I still haven't bought the course but working on Ken's youtube videos. I can't bring my reinforced falsetto below F4 and I want to bring it down to about B3. My falsetto is bright above C5 but become airy below it and completely out of volume around F4. Why is that happening and what should I work on?

Thank you, SwanHtet

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    As you bring notes lower, you have to support differently so as to keep the flow of air even and unwavering. You are naturally going to lose timbre on head voice notes as you go lower. Head voice is airier. You can try to maintain more cord closure, buy you can only do so much. Practicing in this range can help you to get stronger there, but be careful to avoid drying out the cords and going further down than your voice is ready to go.
  • Options
    SwanHtetSwanHtet Member Posts: 14
    highmtn said:

As you bring notes lower, you have to support differently so as to keep the flow of air even and unwavering. You are naturally going to lose timbre on head voice notes as you go lower. Head voice is airier. You can try to maintain more cord closure, buy you can only do so much. Practicing in this range can help you to get stronger there, but be careful to avoid drying out the cords and going further down than your voice is ready to go.

Thank you!