Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
Options

First Recording, Please Help

I sing all the time...incorrectly. After having the time of my life singing I tend to be hoarse the following day. This is the first time I recorded myself. I was really nervous and everything tightened up. Listening back to this was very cringe for me but I don't hate it. Help me please. What can I do to improve and be kinder to my voice. Now if I can only figure out how to get it onto this post...Did it work?

https://soundcloud.com/dejhanira-torrico/firstrec/s-xjtf1

Comments

• Options
    HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    @DejhaniraTorrico It didn't. We just have a link to it on your desktop.

You need to upload it to another site like YouTube or Soundcloud and then link it from there.
  • Options
    DejhaniraTorricoDejhaniraTorrico 2.0 PRO Posts: 11
    Can anybody hear it on SoundCloud?
  • Options
    Yes. You need to set up the link for everyone I believe. There should be instructions when you upload the audio file.
  • Options
    NVM just saw the link. Yes I can hear it.
  • Options
    There is no way to give you a fair critique for your example without the backing track for it. The reason I say this is because there is no way to tell if you are singing in pitch, or in time, and thats important.

Peace, Tony
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    We would appreciate a backing track in future demos. It could just be a speaker playing in the background as you sing, with your voice being most prominent. That said, you have a good voice that is capable of improving a lot by training regularly. We will be able to tell you a lot more specifically what to work on after hearing your first basic LAH scale, with a backing track audible in the background.

You have a good range, and your pitch is pretty accurate, with a few minor owies.

Pay attention to the lessons on diaphragmatic support. Your tone is pretty good to start with.

If you follow Ken's instructions, you will grow your voice in many ways, and become quite confident in your capabilities.

Nice job with your introductory demo.

Bob