Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hey everyone! Where do I start?

dmc006dmc006 2.0 PRO Posts: 55
Hi Guys and gals,

I'm super excited to be on this journey!

Just wondering. The course is huge, where do I begin?

Thanks very much

David

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    At the begining :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,111
    edited August 2018
    @dmc006 I guess it would depend on your singing experience. If you don't have any, you can start with watching the instruction video, and then do the starter warm up exercises.

If you have some singing experience, and feel confident enough, watch the instruction video, and the do the Main Audio workouts.
    Either way you will want to start by watching the introduction, and instruction video for volume one.

The most important thing is to not rush through this stuff. Don't move on to the next volume until you get volume one down really well. That is the foundation for everything in this course. If you move on too quick, you may be advised to go back until you are ready to move on.

If you stick with it, and do the course as recommended, you will learn to sing, and sing very well. This course actually does what it is advertised to do.

Peace, Tony
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    There are pdf Manuals that give you a good overview of the course as a whole.
    If you have the download version, look in Volume One, Main Videos. On a computer, you will see that there are many videos, but the first file is a pdf. Open that. You will find the manuals for all of the other volumes the same way, with the Main Lesson Videos, but it's a pdf. You might have to download Adobe Acrobat to view pdf's. It's free.

I believe it's the same setup on the USB's.

On the DVD/CD version, I think all of the manuals are on one disk.
  • dmc006dmc006 2.0 PRO Posts: 55
    Awesome. Thank you very much guys! :)
    Hi guys,

I do have some singing experience, but this is unlike anything I have seen.

I am going start from the beginning obviously, but should I be doing the sit up exercises before I even start any vocal exercises at all?

Should I just focus on one vowel sound (Lah) until I am comfortable with it and then move on to other vowels, or practice all vowels each time I practice?

Thanks in advance

David
    How will I know when to move on from the sit up exercise?
    @dmc006 Read the pdf that comes in the first volume, that will help a lot. The pdf will help you get a lay of the land. Watch the videos after that.

You will probably should start with the folder "Audio Starter Workouts Dudes". This will get you going for practices. I started the sit up exercises by just appropriating the "Dudes Starter Exercise AH Vowel" that is in the aforementioned folder. This might be a lot for you so do what you can without burning out on the sit-ups.

The sit up exercise is designed to build your support. For me I keep using it and plan to use it indefinitely because it's great for building support strength, which is the foundation for everything that you do in singing. You may find that you don't like/want to do it, that is up to you. For me having such a strong support is useful, so I don't plan on ever getting rid of it.

This should give you a solid start. :)
    Thanks @HuduVudu! I read the Pdf, it said watch the last video first. Whilst that seems straight forward, it confused me. Which is the last video. The last video of the first folder or the last folder?

Cool I will do the situp exercise in conjunction with the other exercises then.

@dmc006 There are multiple video folders and I didn't find the part that you were talking about on the order in the pdf, but I am pretty sure that you want to start with the Volume 1-1 folder and then start on the 01. Volume 1 Introduction video and proceed from there. Don't forget there are other video folders and it is really helpful to watch them. The 03 -Volume 1 Student Demonstrations folder is particularly helpful to see the principles at play with another student.

Good luck :)
    Ok duh it's on the flow chart. :)

The video he is referring to is the second video (The one right after the one that I suggest). This course is a version 2.0 and this might have been in reference to the 1.0 and didn't get changed. Anyhoo, you still should start with the Introduction and move on from there.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited September 2018
    The pdf was written before the final version of the 2.0 Course was set in stone. That "How to Do Volume 1" Video was at the end, so that people wouldn't be annoyed each time they went back to watch the volume 1 videos (after they understood the gist of how the program works). It was then Video #23.

But when everything was coming together to put the program out, it was decided to put it right after the introduction, so that students would know, from the start, how to proceed. So if you don't want to re-watch that one, feel free to skip past it after you have watched and understand it. You still might learn something by re-watching it. And please know that the note about that in the pdf is now obsolete for that reason. Changing the pdf fell through the cracks as the whole program began to take its final form.

This is an ENORMOUS program, and there are a few very minor errors like that. It just means we're all human. A lot of effort was put into quality control for 2.0.

I'm glad to see that people ARE using the pdf's. They are a step up from the pdf's in the original KTVA program. A lot of the content of the pdfs, as well as the 2.0 Videos, came directly from questions and feedback from the forums here.
    Hehe all good. Thank you @highmtn