Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hello My New Friends 50+ and just starting

RoxyRoxy 2.0 PRO Posts: 107
I am so excited to start my new journey with everyone. I took an online class 2 years ago however I did not catch on to the class and I got nowhere and gave up and I was okay with that at the time.
I have watched Ken's videos for a year and decided to give it one last shot, and I am so happy I did because after 3 days of watching his webnairs for members I can actually sing something, it may not be good but it is 100% better then 4 days ago, I have learned so much in a very short period, I am over the moon excited!!! I cannot wait to see what surprises are in store for me. With lots of hard work, I can do this.

Comments

• 54 here. I know we have quite a few people in their 50s, and there are students in their 60s also. I haven't seen 70 yet though.

Peace
  • RoxyRoxy 2.0 PRO Posts: 107
    Never to late to start. My USB is on its way, I hope to receive it at the beginning of the week :) how long have you been singing
  • I started singing (the course) in july of last year, and I am very happy with what I can do at this point. I used to post videos of me singing, but lately I haven't been able to post anything due to copy write violations. So the latest thing I was able to post on youtube was an original of mine. If you would like to hear it I can message you a link.

Peace, Tony
    Deafently send me a link! I posted a link today, does that mean I can’t post if the example is not original
  • No, I'm sure you will be ok posting. I just seem to be on somebody's list from some songs I used that were property of WMG music. Other people seem to be posting with no problems.

Peace, Tony
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    I started KTVA training at 52, and haven't looked back.
    It was a long road to get to the starting blocks (Usus magister est optimus), but I can finally listen back to myself and not cringe. As it stands with more challenging pieces, there are parts that I can nail, and parts that need development. I suspect that is to be expected as long as one is growing :+1:
  • SheeraSheera 2.0 PRO Posts: 2
    I'm 58 and so glad I'm finally going to get to do this!!
    Awesome @Sheera I have been practicing my vowels for hours today, I so excited to start also. I had to force myself to take a break, this is an excellent class, I have learned so much already and I just received my USB last night.
    Good luck to you!

Roxy
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Welcome Roxy!

Great to hear you are already enjoying it. It's important to enjoy it too, I sometimes struggle with enjoying the workouts, but then again, i'm almost doing them for 2 years. The pay-off is amazing though, and more than worth it!

All the best,

Ben
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    @bentk , thanks for your candor.
    I actually struggle with it now and then too, which is probably to be expected as we have close to the same time-in. That isn't to say I don't have fairly relatively regular "aha!" moments, or the occasional range breakthroughs. I guess it has become more of a slow-steady burn as opposed to the crazy "lift-off phase" of the first year. I think this is probably just the natural progression of things... yeah?
    Hi @bentk good for you! I am enjoying the course and will continue to enjoy it, I am doing it for myself, I love music.

Do you have a video when you first started?

Roxy
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    @Furious_Phil Yes that is exactly it my friend, more of slow-steady burn, but still improving on a lot of areas. Thinking about that, it's actually a very good thing. It means you've come to a very good place already. I think we are actually quite similar in our journey.

@Roxy

Sorry, i haven't done a lot of recording. I live more for the 'Live' performance for now, but will start recording in the future.

All the best,

Ben