Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

La Standing

Hi my friends, I tried the exercise standing however I find that I get tired very fast, it feels I am using more energy to get the sound out, is this normal?

This is pretty bad, however to me it sounds like I am getting the sound placed better, please give me your suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you,
Roxy

https://youtu.be/kMQe_n1efjw

Best Answers

Answers

• RoxyRoxy 2.0 PRO Posts: 107
    Oh Goodness Tony, I had no idea it was going to be so hard to sing. I think I am better off sitting down when I am doing my exercises.

Yes I put my hand on my stomach to feel the tension, like Gabby does in one of the videos.

Maybe I should get a guy tool and crank my mouth wide open, when I do my exercises????????? No kidding I wonder if there is something I can put in my mouth to keep it open?

Not giving up,
    Roxy
    Thank you @HuduVudu yes you hit it straight on the head of the nail, I do focus on trying to get the exercise done. I think I do better at my exercises when I am driving for some reason, also I am not use to taking a video, and that makes me nervous too. All my singing sucks right now but I keep trying, I will get it eventually thank you for your pointers, I do appreciate them all.

Roxy
  • You're too funny lol.

For opening your mouth, just pretend your starving, and you have a double decker bacon cheeseburger with the works in front of you. You will find a way to get your teeth into it. lol
    But seriously, when you start the exercise, open it wide right at the first note, and lock it in that way until the next Lah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah.

Peace
    @HuduVudu Thank goodness you are more comfortable sitting too.... it was a workout standing up trying to do the "La" exercise. I practice for like 3 hours just on "La" I can't get past the "La" yet. I get confused because when I sing the La say on a "G" on my piano it sounds like my pitch is right on however when I try to bring the sound to the front of my face like Ken is demonstrating it gets all messed up and it is not good, I can
    Interesting @Furious_Phil

I can feel my diaphragm engaging properly when I sit in front on my piano, when I stand I find I get exhausted very quickly, my whole body get tired even my feet if that is possible the strain of trying to do the "La" is very hard for me standing up.
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    @Roxy there are very good chairs out there for sitting. I have been pretty much sedentary for most of my life with a heavy fascination for computers, so chairs are pretty high on my list of things that need to work for me. Before I dropped a ton of weight (I was 225) handling my weight without breaking or deforming a chair was a priority. I currently use a gaming chair from a company DSX Racer. It is really nice because it promotes good posture and allows me to sit on my lazy ass all day. The company that made this chair used to design chairs for the racing industry and you can tell by the way the chair is built. Think bucket seats in a really nice car.

This might be something that could help you too. :)
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Based on that, I start to think of non-auto-tuned performers like Lady Gaga or Fergie who totally kick it every show both vocally and jumping about... not to mention costume changes etc!!! Its insane I tell ya!!!
    I can't begin to conceive the condition performers of that calibre are in to be able do a 90 minute show at full throttle like that.

Tuth moment:
    If I could learn this by jacking into the matrix and downloading a new skill while I laid on the couch, I hate to admit it, but I probably would ;)
    Like NASCAR okay I am on it! Thank you!
    Thank you Bob for your advise, I appreciate it! I will add that to my flash card :smile:

Stay tuned in for a better video next week.

Roxy