Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Old Hippie...

I'm 65 and retiring from the business world this year. I grew up playing the blues bars around Toronto and on the road and finally gave it up in the late 70s just in time to miss the disco scene (thank God for that). I have always played guitar but never really could see myself as a singer. So for my retirement I plan to vocally rock my way to the Pearly Gates? Peace brothers and sisters...

Comments

• I'm retired too, but not by choice. My story is kind of the same. Only the names and places are different. Played in rock bands most of my early life. (both covers, and originals) Then life kind of gets in the way, and you get side tracked.............

My goal is the same. To sing until that final breath is drawn.

Peace, Tony
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    HI @JCMac,

I am a litte bit younger (48) but on the same mission as you except that I (even being a Rock Guy) love the Disco Music, too. :smiley:

Kind regards,
    Marco
  • NathJ_2018NathJ_2018 2.0 PRO Posts: 241
    Hey guys, I have no stage experience other than my local Karaoke, but everyone in the family plays an instrument or another and since I love signing I took on the course to hopefully get better at it and accompany my husband and kids. We have eclectic (spelling?) taste being we span on 3 generations.... so much to choose from :)
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Welcome! It's great to pick up something new when going into a different phase of life so to speak, like going into retirement. If you have the KTVA program, don't forget to email ktva customer support to upgrade your forum status!

All the best,

Ben
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    I'm not retired, but had a similar background but made my heavy metal push during the 80's and again in the 90's.

Similar goal... sing and play till my last breath... BUT I'll always reserve quite a bit via hyper-glottal compression / diaphragmatic support, so I'll probably be in the afterlife 15 minutes before the devil knows I'm dead :wink:
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    @Furious_Phil: ha-bah-ha-bah-ha-ha-ha! I will train to make 30 Min. via Glottal compression. Next bet, please! ;-)
  • JCMacJCMac Member Posts: 9
    Fantastic my brothers and sisters thank you...
  • cjfoxcjfox Member, 2.0 INTERMEDIATE Posts: 19
    I spent my teens and 20s playing in bands in Toronto in the 70s as well. I retired a couple of years ago (from a different career), and getting back into music was the best decision I could have made, way more fun now than when I was younger. I'm about 8 months into KTVA, and my voice has never sounded this good, I get lots of compliments!. I'm on the west coast now, and sing mostly blues.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Hi @cjfox, awesome that tells me that it is never to late. I am 48 now. Good to have you here.