Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Why breaks my voice in low register, after belting high?

Why breaks my voice in low register, after belting high?

So if I belting many times, and want to sing very low my voice breaks every time in the low register.

Why is that?

Comments

• If you spend most of your time belting, and a small amount singing low, you may have muscle atrophy. In other words, If you don't use it, you lose it.

Peace, Tony
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Peterpet,

and I think another point may be that you "set" your voice to the higher register when belting a lot and the larynx needs some time to reset. I notice this seldomly for myself. So I would not suggest not to try "Ring of Fire" (Johnny Cash) after belting "Bohemian Rhapsdoy" (Queen) for 20 minutes.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    One other very likely reason is "Over-singing".
    In layman's terms, singing too loudly and with too much air passing over your vocal cords.
    It can cause issues with accessing upper and lower registers... and eventually kill your voice altogether.
  • PeterpetPeterpet Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2018

Hi @Peterpet,

and I think another point may be that you "set" your voice to the higher register when belting a lot and the larynx needs some time to reset. I notice this seldomly for myself. So I would not suggest not to try "Ring of Fire" (Johnny Cash) after belting "Bohemian Rhapsdoy" (Queen) for 20 minutes.

Regards,
    Marco

Hello Doc,

But this guy sing low and belting very high without problems, also live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETLoTxVVvjM
    @Peterpet ... refer to my response, and you'll have your most likely answer

In layman's terms, singing too loudly and with too much air passing over your vocal cords.
    It can cause issues with accessing upper and lower registers... and eventually kill your voice altogether.

I think I need singing lessons, probably I do everything wrong without noticed it.
    I highly recommend the KTVA training material. It is self-paced and second to none for quality and results!

I highly recommend the KTVA training material. It is self-paced and second to none for quality and results!

I really want it, I've been doubting for a year whether I'm going to buy it. but I am also afraid that it is worth it. It is $ 299
    And I also need it to be controlled by a coach. So that I do nothing wrong and can improve what I do wrong.
  • I agree with Phil. This course is the best there is to offer.
    I always hear people worry about the money which is understandable, but if you want to be a singer, you really can't afford not to have this information. It is singer's gold my friend.

It all really comes down to how serious you are about learning to sing, and as far as getting a personal coach to help you do this course? you have thousands of singers here to help you with that also.

Your future is in your own hands.

Peace, Tony
    Also, a student's 1-on-1 time with a coach is very expensive, and then you go home and work on what was shown for a week, then get another 1-on1.
    The dynamic is not that different, as your actual work will be done by yourself alone.
    The only difference is that to be trained 1-on-1 will cost you 10x (or more) than the course.

As Tony says, how serious are you about wanting to learn to song properly?

The journey of a thousand miles begins with that first step...

Cheers,

Phillip
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    I waited a year, too. That means I am now one year behind where I would have been if I had not worried about the cost. It was worth every penny. It would still be worth every penny if Ken charged $2000 for his course. It's $1700 less than that. Worth every cent.
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    @Peterpet its worth every penny! the info you´ll get, i doubt you´ll get it anywhere else, I purchased a lot of programs books etc along the years,took many lessons, and never found something like KTVA, you´ll learn the real deal, this program demands discipline that´s for sure, but it´s the best program out there!
    So in KTVA you can solve this problem, and there are many exercises for this problem? and exercises for everything what you need to know and need for singing?
  • EvergreenLadyEvergreenLady 2.0 PRO Posts: 16
    Peterpet, I can assure you it´s worth it. I´m a self taught singer and have never seen anything like this singing program. Go for it!

Also, a student's 1-on-1 time with a coach is very expensive, and then you go home and work on what was shown for a week, then get another 1-on1.
    The dynamic is not that different, as your actual work will be done by yourself alone.
    The only difference is that to be trained 1-on-1 will cost you 10x (or more) than the course.

As Tony says, how serious are you about wanting to learn to song properly?

The journey of a thousand miles begins with that first step...

Cheers,

Phillip

I want, but the other side I think nobody see what I am doing, only a singing teacher can correct me if I do something wrong.

So what I mean if I buy KTVA, i also need singing lessons for double checking if I do nothing wrong what can damage my voice.

Perhaps I do already wrong things.
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    @Peterpet You already doing things wrong. That is why you practice, to learn how to do them right. No teacher can correct you on form if you don't understand what you are supposed to do. No teacher can reach inside your throat and make your muscles work the way they need to. Having videos that you can watch over and over and over, is WAY better than a one on one vocal lesson on the fundamental levels. You would have to video tape your vocal coach and then you would just watch what they said and would work it in practice through repetition until you got it right. Also the cost of having a one on one coach is cost prohibitive.

If you get the course and you get a coach that is not Ken, then you are going to get conflicting messages and this will further impede your progress because you are not going to know which one you should listen to and all coaches have a fundamental way that they do things that builds on itself. "Too many chefs spoil the broth".

Learning to evaluate yourself is absolutely essential to anything that you want to learn. Having a plan laid out for you is very helpful, but the plan is only as good as you can stick to it. You have to understand when you are doing it right and when you are doing it wrong. A coach can tell you this, they can even offer suggestions, but ultimately it is up to you to figure out how to do it.

You don't need to make this more complicated than it is. Singing is complicated already. Choose a plan and stick with it. Don't try to make your understanding a buffet, all that will do is confuse and frustrate you, Ultimately killing your motivation. That said it is ultimately up to you what you do. Choose wisely. :)
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Peterpet,

yes, you could spend money on singing lessons with a teacher. And this could be a good idea. A dedicated teacher can help you to identify your problems and try to find solutions for these problems.

I am a registered member in the KTVA forum and have full access to all the areas of the forum. I bought the course PLUS (with the ProPacks) and I have at least a 2 DOZENS of vocal coaches here in the forum. Whenever you have an issue you can post a sound file or a video in the forum and you have very nice and polite people here who will give you very qualified feedback. We are here a community of people dedicated to singing. And we are helping each other. And here we have people like Gaston Jauregui (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEhFFFrm2_Y) who really did his way. Who if not people like him can give you great advice.

And what helps me most, personally: other students are uploading their demos regularly and a dozen of other students give so many helpful advices. I see how other students progress, what they are doing, what good, what bad, how they address certain issues. I learned so much from that.

Take your time to think about it. But believe me, I you are willing to be a great singer, KTVA is the only choice. BUT: You should really want it and be ready to spend time on the course. You won't become a well shaped bodybuilder from looking through the window of a gym from the outside. I would be happy to welcome you here.

Kind regards,
    Marco
    PS.: Maybe one of our colleagues (i.e. @Michael4000 ), who posted some demos recently, will give you feedback on his own experience with the students' area of the forum.
  • Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
    Feedback from others had been outstanding. This program and forum is great.
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    @Peterpet if you buy the program, youll have more access, and that access lets you post us your advance so we can help you and tell you if you are going on the right path or not hope this helps!
    edited November 2018

Can you solve this in the KTVA Course? Are there tutorials how to sing loud without to much air passing over your vocal cords, in the KTVA course?
    @Peterpet absolutely YES! That is the foundation of this course.
    @Peterpet,

absolutely agree with the things @Furious_Phil and @HuduVudu mentioned. Do you remember Ken talking about that Flame-Thrower on your cords? - Ken mentions this in a couple of videos (and many times in the course).

Regards,
    Doc
    @Peterpet this video will answer some of the questions you have, and I encourage you to watch more, but again the course is a step by step program where youll really understand how this is supposed to be trained
    Peterpet said:

Can you solve this in the KTVA Course? Are there tutorials how to sing loud without to much air passing over your vocal cords, in the KTVA course?
    edited December 2018
    I have the course now. Volume 1 to 5. I hope that I lose my bad habits, vocal problems and improve my voice.

I think that my voice is very weak because If I belt sometimes on a day or try to hold a sustain, after a couple beltings my voice can't handle it and it is going to shake en hurt. I wonder how long it takes to belt without problems.
  • If you have the course now, you need to get your status changed from member to student so you can discuss issues in more detail.

Peace, Tony
    @Peterpet it should never hurt make sure you watch diaphragmatic support videos again,also, in order to get more access to the forums and better answers you need to change your status
    videoace said:

If you have the course now, you need to get your status changed from member to student so you can discuss issues in more detail.

Peace, Tony

@Peterpet it should never hurt make sure you watch diaphragmatic support videos again,also, in order to get more access to the forums and better answers you need to change your status

Do I need to send a e-mail of my KTVA Receipt?

But can I use then the forum also as anonymous?
    edited December 2018
    Go here to get upgraded.

Once you get your upgrade you are allowed access to the student areas. The username and information you have now is kept as is and you will access and post just as you do now. The only difference is that you can see and post in the student only areas.
  • You can be on the forum anonymously. but you can not post anonymously.

Peace, Tony