Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Pain in the throat

Hi, guys! When I do exercises, on AH vowel and smoothly go into the head, I start to feel pain in the upper part of the throat, just over an adam's apple. It doesn't hurt when I go into the head on a lip roll and tongue exercise, it's only when I open the mouth. Transition into the head goes pretty much smoothly, without any break, when I do it light and not too loud.

I checked my diaphragm, tried to relax the throat, but again - as soon as I go into the head voice, I start to feel pain. I don't feel pain when I sing in chest, when I belt. It's only the head voice problem.

Comments

• WhitesnakeWhitesnake Member Posts: 131
    I just noticed! When I go into the head my larynx ascend into the high position. Adam's apple lifts a little bit too. Is it normal?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,111
    edited October 2018
    A lot of stuff you're asking deals with detailed info. I know you have the course, and all of that, but to be giving that info in the general singing area for ALL to see really isn't fair for those that pay to get the same information.

You really need to take care of this issue because the further you get into the course, the more detailed information is going to be needed for you to progress, and like I mentioned above.................

I'm not trying to be a bad guy, but you have been here long enough to know how it works, and it's been suggested more than once to get with KTVA to work something out.

I know people have money issues, personal issues, etc......but we all do so.......

Peace, Tony
    edited October 2018
    @videoace I'm already send the message to KTVA support team. Trust me: if I had that possibility to buy the course, you'd already see me in Enrolled or Pro status :) I don't care if I have it already. Just to not feel myself like an asshole (I'm sorry), who uses the course without paying for it.

So...I will try to figure it out myself then...

You're not a bad guy. It's okay.

Thank you, Tony.
  • How you obtained the course is of no concern to me whether you paid or not.

The issue really is putting out detailed information for the general public whether they own the course or not. Think about it, if that happened, who would ever buy the course?

So don't think that it's you specifically I'm worried about giving information to.

I hope you understand. It's not a personal thing at all.

Peace
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    would be good that you sent an audio showing where the pain feels exactly in what second, what I always tend to think when pain comes along, is that is not well supported, so I would try the sit up on every execution
    @videoace it's all good, Tony.

I really don't think that it's something personal. I understand that whole purpose of paid course is in the information that you can have only if you paid for it. I don't paid for it so I have nothing to complain about :)
    @Gaston_Jauregui yeah, of course! I will do that audio. Not now, but tomorrow. Right now it's a midnight for me :)
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Whitesnake,

I hope you can see that we all are trying to help you. You are really welcome in this forum and personally I think it's very brave that you told me that you got the CD from a friend. This tells me that you are very honest. And that is very good. We would like to help you.

Can you do me a favor and tell me what your name is? - My name is Marco, I am 48 years old and I am from Germany.

I like that you are that insistent. But like @videoace mentioned it so well. For us it is very important to know whether you are willing to accept the values we are standing for or not.

Do me a favor and tell me what your name is.

With peace to russia,
    Marco (Doc)
    edited October 2018
    @doc_ramadani My name is Alexey, I am almost 24 years old, and I am from Russia. Nice to meet you, Marco!

Of course I can see that you all trying to help me, and I am very grateful for that!

Also, thanks for accepting me here and for your understanding. You know, I was worried that after I say that I got the course from the friend you will like ban me from the forum or something like that. But on the other side, I don't want to lie, so here's my coming out! :)

And I definitely accept your values. I am here to learn how to sing, and I'm not demanding anything. Actually, I'm very glad that here, on this forum, I have the chance to know such a great and cool guys, as you, who has the same passion and same focus of interest! It's very great experience for me!

From Russia with love :),
    Alexey.