Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Stretching chest

Hello, guys! So...I decided to stretch my chest voice as high as I can. Ken said that first you build up chest voice, then you build up head voice, and then you can build up mix voice. The question is, guys: I'm a bari. I think, because my primo passagio is around D#4 or E4. Ken said that bari can stretch their voice to G4. But! Can I do it higher? I mean, would it make sense if I will be build my chest voice for a very long time to stretch it to more higher places? Or it really doesn't make sense and it better to start going into the head after the G4?

P.S: guys, I know I don't have the access to the students area. It's very upset me too. But right now I don't have choice really. I try to work it out through the administration of KTVA, but I don't think that it will go somewhere. I'm sorry.

Comments

• You can stretch the chest voice higher than a G4. Ken is a Baritone I do believe, and he goes way beyond the G4 in chest voice.

Peace, Tony
  • WhitesnakeWhitesnake Member Posts: 131
    @videoace thank you! Actually, can I ask you one more question?

Will it get harder with every note? Or at some point it gets easier?
  • It's like anything else. The more you practice, the easier it gets. Just don't over do it.

Peace, Tony
    edited October 2018
    @videoace thank you! Actually, I think I really push myself too hard. I don't develop my E4 enough, but already I try to develop F4 and F#4 at the same time. My E4 gets better, but I feel like that's not the right way to do it, because my notes got kind of softer. I don't know how to describe it.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    @Whitesnake Don't push yourself too hard - it takes time to extend the range.
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    If you don't have or don't know how to obtain the fundamentals then getting higher ranges will be a mountain that you are unlikely to get to the apex of.

You really need to buy the course, so that you can get the fundamentals that you need. Otherwise you are just going to flounder.
    @doc_ramadani thank you! I know, I need to be more patient.

@HuduVudu I know. It's frustrating.
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    edited October 2018
    @Whitesnake I seriously doubt that you have the wherewithal to be able to get where you want to go. Your questions are all over the place and lack any coherence whatsoever. This to me is sign of someone who can't force themselves to do something. Ken Tamplin's YouTube channel contains at least enough information for you to get started and probably enough information for at least a year of solid understanding and practicing. This is plenty of time for you to put together enough money to buy the course if you are serious. You seem to have no curiosity about going through the YouTube channel and building a practice routine, nor do you seem to have any solid practice regimen in place. Your questions support this point. If you are serious about doing this you need to put your money where your mouth is and, man up to do the real work of learning to sing. It is not easy and saying your practicing while you watch TV and mindlessly sing is not work, it is tedium. No one can give you quick easy tips to be Freddy Mercury in 2 weeks. That is not going to happen. There is not some secret to success that will make you immediately better. You have to do the work and you have to find the path. If you have questions work to find the answers to them. If you can't find the answers, work harder to find them. Having people spoon feed you the answers doesn't help you in the least bit, because you won't remember the answers because you didn't do the work to find them.

I wish you luck on your journey.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Whitesnake, the comment by @HuduVudu sounds hard but it is very fair. And @HuduVudu is right: you're exploiting our patience. Please don't abuse our will to help you.

There could be a good way for you to go:

- First focus on the basics i.e. the golden LAH scale
    - Practice it for, let's say, 2 to 3 weeks
    - Stay away from the forum, focus on the exercise
    - Make a recording of the exercise
    - Upload it for evaluation

You will get feedback, believe me. And, there is a lot of truth in the comment of @HuduVudu.

Don't let yourself be discouraged, but take this journey seriously.

Regards,
    Doc
    edited October 2018
    @HuduVudu @doc_ramadani Thank you, guys. From now on I will try to find the answers to my questions by myself. I will not exploiting your patience anymore here. Please accept my apologize for amount of stupid questions.

Thank you for your support, guys. You really helped me a lot.

I wish you all the best too!
    Whitesnake
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    edited November 2018
    @Whitesnake hi, I would encourage you to watch all the live streams Ken has been doing lately there are tons of info there, people should be getting notes of the videos, these live streams are masterclasses