Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Worried about

Dear KTVA :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1THfPfC0b-ciOd0MH2rZ5-wmNUF9Qfo2i/view?usp=sharing

I need your advice.
13 years ago when I started to sing in my band, my voice tone was much higher and stronger than now.
I laearned a lot of singing lessons
Obviously the voice is change yearly, but I realy missed my older singing voice and cannot make a friendship with my new voice (much cleaner and powerless).

You need to know
I work in a Callcenter and I speak all day with clients after I go home and do the singing lesson,almost every day.
But my vocal chord more exhaustible, than few years ago.

I'm so worried about I lost my voice forever.
Today I keep silent day maybe it will help.
I bought your course the previous month and I try to not rush, when I sing with you and your lessons my voice is ok, but when I try to sing a song my voice as though change and terrible.
As though I cannot transfer the technichs to the sing.

I attached a live video from 2011, 2013, and 2018 (Hungarian language)

Thank you in advance for the answers.

Best regards,

Krisztián Sáfár

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    @safikrisz the genre of music you are singing in the videos if not done correctly will destroy your voice over time. If you received no formal training on how to sing in this manner you were most likely not doing it correctly. What will happen if not done correctly is that the distortion in your voice will become permanent and you will clip your range pretty severely. At your age in the early videos you had youth on your side. You could recover fairly quickly and continue to sing as you always had, as time wears on though recovery becomes much more difficult and what I said earlier about what would happen to your voice will set in.

You have definitely come to the right place! This is where you can learn how to sing correctly and safely with a huge emphasis on safely.

The problem with the way you were singing before is if you had no training on how to do it correctly then for certain you were using too much air. Doing this will cause a vicious cycle of dried vocal chords followed by more air to get chord closure, followed by more drying of the chords. This doesn't end well.

It is going to take some time with this course for you get to get where you can sing cleanly (or even with distortion) again. That information will come to you in Volume 3. You can't get to Volume 3 without doing the two previous volumes. You need to make sure that you DO NOT rush to Volume 3. You need to master the elements of first Volume 1and then Volume 2, before you can really work on Volume 3. That said, you should see big gains in your voice immediately. Don't worry that your singing isn't where you want it to be. That is irrelevant to where you are currently at. You can't properly sing in the beginning because you haven't ingrained into muscle memory the new habits that you are learning from the course. When you sing you will fall back into the old habits you had. Focus on the practices and understanding at a muscle memory level what they are teaching you. In time you will be able to sing better and stronger than you ever did, and most importantly you will be able to do it safely without fear of destroying your voice.

Hope this can help. :)
  • safikriszsafikrisz 2.0 PRO Posts: 2
    @HuduVudu
    Thank you for your quick response, it helped a lot.
    :)