Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Heaven's Gate - In Control

This is a year old clip but I thought I'd say hi.

https://www.box.com/s/z4hnv2i5aydznrwpq87x

Compared to how I sounded in the past, here are the areas I have improved :

a) I have some brightness in my voice (I never - ever - had that).

b) I am using light mass but hold my breath and I do not feel the speed bump or force my voice

(whereas normally I would be pulling chest and would get stuck and hoarse).

Somewhere around May 2012 (6 months after this clip was recorded) I reached a good point vocally

but my life changed and now I barely have time to do Stage I - and that is if I am lucky on a given day.

In any case, even if this clip sucks, I know I  have come a long way and I owe everything to Ken's technique.

Cheers,

Than

PS. Any distortion/rattle in some high notes is just an effect (a gargle sound) and does not affect my voice at all.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Whoah, Thanos!

You hit a couple of high notes in that tune!  I can't wait to hear what you will sound like after applying some KTVA techniques to your voice!

Get crackin'... Find the time and build your voice into what it can ultimately be!

Bob

• ThanosThanos Enrolled Posts: 3

Can I please know what the flaws, mistakes etc etc that you guys hear are ?

PS.  I've been doing KTVA for 3 years, when I started I was nothing more than your regular shouter who had forced his range and made pulling chest my normal singing technique. I could not record anything without it being autotuned etc just a horrible mess with impressive instant highs. It took me a long time before I could undo my terrible shouting habits of 10-15years. As for finding the time, I'll pretend I never read that comment.

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Thanos,

Sorry if I misinterpreted that you were new to KTVA.  I haven't seen you here for the past year, and when I read your post you said "I barely have time to do Stage I" so I took that to mean that you had not yet started the program. 

When I listened to your demo, I thought "wow, if this guy hasn't started yet, just think how much he will improve after applying KTVA".  

Your demo is quite impressive.  The only things I hear that would fall under the category of "flaws, mistakes, etc, etc" that I hear are a little bit of pitchyness at a few places like at 0:55, 0:59, and 1:53.

You explained that the recording was made about 6 months before you reached a good point vocally, so I would expect that you have improved long ago any pitch issues present in this older recording.

The G#'s and F's are very impressive, strong and stable.  

You are certainly more than a shower shouter now.

Bob

• ThanosThanos Enrolled Posts: 3

Bob, thank you very much for your comment and especially for taking the time to indicate specific time points in the song.

This is particularly helpful to me, I really appreciate your input!

Thanos

edited November 2012

You're welcome, Thanos!

You have a strong voice and a powerful range!  I'm here to help, so I'm glad I could point out some areas of opportunity. 

All the best to you, Thanos! 

Bob