Home Psychology of Singing

What is my voice type?

Alex87Alex87 Member Posts: 3
edited December 2018 in Psychology of Singing
I am really having trouble to find my natural voice type. I am an untrained singer of 32 years old. I do not know if I am a tenor or a baritone. My lower register sounds baritonal and my higher register is lighter. I feel like my second passaggio lies at F#4, I guess is a Spinto Tenor passaggio. My lowest singable note is Bb2-A2. I can vocalize down to F#2-F2, but no support there. Total range: F2-A4, supported range: Bb2-F4. I have here some audios, maybe is the better way to determine timbre and tessitura. Thank you!

https://soundcloud.com/alexandru-voicu-413282059

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    Why is that you want to know what fach you are? KTVA pretty much eschews doing this because we are taught that fachs are mental limit only. You can sing a very wide range that covers many fachs regardless of what you think your fach is.
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    @Alex87 all I can tell you is you are a Tenor by your vocal timbre, the songs you are singing, and your passaggio, but in order to really gain your range completely and pull off that type of repertoire you would have to train either the KTVA program or with an opera teacher, hope this helps

always remember this F#4 means tenor, baritone would be more around Eb so to me you are a tenor
  • Alex87Alex87 Member Posts: 3
    > @Gaston_Jauregui said:
    > @Alex87 all I can tell you is you are a Tenor by your vocal timbre, the songs you are singing, and your passaggio, but in order to really gain your range completely and pull off that type of repertoire you would have to train either the KTVA program or with an opera teacher, hope this helps
    >
    > always remember this F#4 means tenor, baritone would be more around Eb so to me you are a tenor

Yes, you are right! But my voice doesn't sound like a typical Lyric Tenor. Maybe is more Spinto quality timbre.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    To find your specific "fach" both your primo passaggio note and your secondo passaggio note are needed.
  • Alex87Alex87 Member Posts: 3
    highmtn said:

To find your specific "fach" both your primo passaggio note and your secondo passaggio note are needed.

C#4 - first passaggio
    F#4 - second passaggio

And my timbre you can hear in my audios.